Senior Business Development Executive (Treasury Department)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At IBM/Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. IBM/Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
As an experienced Business Development Executive at IBM/Octo, you will lead the identification, qualification and bid of opportunities to secure new contracts across the Treasury Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the business development creation of Treasury opportunities with an emphasis on the Treasury Territory Plans and Pipeline as well as lead the capture efforts for new business initiatives. The candidate must be experienced in securing large scale contracts as a capture manager and possess the skills and experience to lead and inspire the members working on pursuits. You will analyze client business, goals, strategies, industry trends and directions to develop compelling outcome- based value propositions that result in a win! You will also have demonstrated success in gaining awards, and growing revenue, focused on multiple opportunities in the $25 million range or larger.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
- Work in a collaborative manner, with the IBM/Octo CTO, pricing, contracts, the line (Delivery Operations) and proposal operations organizations to create solutions responsive to the customer needs.
- Formally engage and lead multidisciplinary teams in developing complex solutions for specific client opportunities and in developing client deliverables such as a Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), and Statements of Work (SOWs) or presentations.
- Utilize IBM/Octo’s capabilities and insight on existing work; assist with the teaming with the right partners; assessing the viability and relevance of IBM/Octo’s past performance and key personnel and develop innovative and compelling solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Capitalize on the company’s established range of service offerings for Federal and Commercial customers, all delivered via industry best practices and processes.
- Develop strategies with the respective capture pursuit team (i.e., win themes; management solution; technical solution; teaming; pricing); coordinate corporate resources; build teams of subcontractors; assess competition; present decision gate briefings to executive management; manage bid and proposal funding; from the decision to bid to the post submission phase of an opportunity.
- Build, position, and capture deals by infusing commercial innovation and leading-edge technologies to each bid opportunity.
- Coordinate with proposal development; contracts; pricing and oversee bid completions.
- Utilize a disciplined approach to lead the capture process and to progress the PWIN and mature the capture of the targeted opportunities.
- Meet with customers to learn their key requirements and show how IBM/Octo can meet their needs. Establish and cement long term client relationships that are meaningful to support new initiatives, potentially leading toward new opportunities with the client.
- Work across the company to develop and implement win strategies to increase competitive advantages on bids and best position IBM/Octo.
- Lead and negotiate teaming agreements and strategic alliances.
- Work with the Solutions team to develop competitive solutions that meet customer requirements and hit the Price to Win.
- Identify gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience working with IRS
- Knowledge of IRS Programs and Orginization
- Federal sales experience of 10+ years
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 + years of technical selling experience
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM Sales Incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change. The compensation range listed for this position is the IBM Reference Salary that is used when you are not actively participating in a sales plan. Your actual base pay plus incentive opportunity will be determined by the Incentive Plan assigned to you.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM