Business Intelligence Manager - Engineering Analytics ( 591480-1T )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Engineering Analytics (RAN and Capital Analytics Team) has an immediate openings for talented and experienced Business Intelligence Managers with hands on expertise using large datasets to find opportunities for business operation and capital efficiency optimization and using models to test different courses of actions besides a strong interest in understanding the Telecom business model in particular and a passion for data in general. The responsibility of the expert filling up the role is to perform cross-disciplinary analysis, visualization of operational, financial, spatial and network data to help solve complex business problems. You must have a proven track record of driving business decisions by providing actionable insights based on data. You also must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams with the ability to frame problems out of ambiguity and unstructured information.
- Work in an interdisciplinary field, together with data scientists, business executives, finance leaders and telecom network engineers, and will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Lead engagements with key business stakeholders in business strategies and opportunities with a focus on driving measurable value via innovative technical solutions to business problems and proactively identify ways to add value to the business.
- Build strong working relationships and develop deep partnership with the business and turn business requirements into technical requirements.
- Lead the planning, design, development, delivery, support and maintenance of analytics reports and dashboards within Network Engineering to empower data driven decisions making.
- Create and walk through executive presentations that explain the complex data and algorithms used in simple easy-to-understand visually striking layman terms that leave a residual impact on an executive audience.
- Challenge existing thought processes and actively work in cross disciplinary groups and make a case using rich data and presentation.
***This role can be located out of any US based Verizon hub location.***
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are a master at analyzing big data with strategic mindset. You are curious about what people need and want. You enjoy digging through enormous volumes of data generated at rapid speed for insights into opportunities for how we can help our business grow and transform. You are great at influencing up, down, and across groups, and you take satisfaction in mentoring others. You have a customer-centric mentality and understand that building a tool doesn’t matter if nobody wants to use it. You will be a Subject Matter Expert in both the technical and business domain you are working on. You will always look for continuous improvement.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field or in a related field (Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Data Science, Operation Research, Economics etc.)
- Six or more years of experience in practicing business intelligence.
- Self-starter with can-do attitude and solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work both independently and well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates complete understanding and wide application of technical procedures, principles, theories and concepts in the Telecommunications and/or Finance field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal influencing skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience and project management skills in leading business intelligence projects and delivering solutions from end to end.
- Proficient in at least 2 of the following (R, Python, SQL).
- Experience with Snowflake and Alteryx.
- Proficient in at least 1 of the following (Tableau, Qlik, Looker).
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing business environment and requests that come in related to upper level executive requests and remain organized and meet deadlines.
- Prior working experience in management consulting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).