Senior Territory Business Manager, Dermatology - Kansas City, MO (R1554539-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Currently, we are seeking a Sr. TBM, Territory Business Manager for Kansas City, MO. This is an opportunity to join the growing US Immunology Business at BMS and contribute to a best-in-class Sales Organization to support the anticipated launch of a new dermatology product to treat Psoriasis. Those with a passion to be a team player, create best in class cultures and organizational standards, have a deeply rooted investment in innovation and always act with patient interest at the core of decisions should apply.
• The Sr. TBM role reports to a District Business Manager and works with across a matrix team of to deliver strong results, ensure flawless execution and build a winning culture.
• In addition, you will be responsible to work with a dynamic matrix team to help address customer needs and ensure we deliver on our objective of demonstrating value to our customers.
• Successful certification of ongoing training and development that focuses on product, disease and market knowledge and dynamics. Skill building to operate in a hybrid environment as necessary, adhering to BMS core values and principles, and the strongest of integrity principles.
• Bring a diverse and innovative perspective to enhance our competitiveness and innovation
• Provide input on sales organization issues, opportunities and direction and fulfill strategic brand responsibilities.
• Ensure superior execution of business unit and brand strategy by translating strategy into customer and territory specific goals, objectives and business plans that take into account unique characteristics of the territory, e.g., geography, payer landscape, customer mix, etc.
• Meet or exceed sales goals, maximize promotional budgets, and execute the national sales strategy in accordance with BMS polices
• Interpret and integrate data to develop communication strategies to drive performance and productivity within the territory
• Working with sales leadership and their matrix counterparts to continue to drive the evolution of our sales force capabilities to meet the changing external environment
• Develop, review, and modify Territory-level business plans ensuring alignment with district, regional and national plans
• Collaborates with territory matrix team on identifying opportunities and developing appropriate tactics and strategies
• Builds and maintains strong professional relationships with physicians in private practice, medical group practices and or hospitals, office staffs and others in the patient care continuum
• Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information
• Drives market share growth and maximizes sales performance within the indicated use and for the approved patients.
• Develop, maintain and grow customer touchpoints within territory.
• Manage the territory’s operational product budget and ensure appropriate allocation of budget against identified priorities.
• Serve as a role model for Compliance and hold themselves accountable for Compliance by ensuring all practices within their scope are compliant with the BMS Compliance Code of Conduct, PhRMA Code, OIG Guidelines, PDMA Policies and Procedures and all other applicable laws, regulations, policies & procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of 4 years of pharmaceutical field sales experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Experience working in a matrix environment
• Ability to travel as needed for customer interactions, internal meetings and congresses
• Recent Dermatology experience, defined by most recent 2 years of experience
• Launch experience in a competitive market
• Biologic or small molecule experience
• Proven top performance in field sales
• Experience working on matrix teams and valuing diverse backgrounds.
• Working knowledge of the psoriasis market, geographic conditions, customer base, etc.
• Understanding of environmental and industry trends, and impact on business
As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.