Cardiovascular District Business Manager - Portland, ME (New England Territory) (R1554936-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Cardiovascular District Business Manager (DBM) will lead sales professionals in the New England District located in Northeast Region to deliver strong performance for the Cardiovascular Therapeutic area in a highly competitive market.
- Individual in this role will translate strategy to action, creating and setting a vision for the team, and building a productive and innovative team culture.
- DBM will develop, communicate and execute business plan for District.
- Must understand and be able to explain the brand’s strategies and translate national/regional plans to business plans for the District and territories.
- DBM will set goals and expectations of performance, set priorities, and ensure appropriate targeting and allocation of resources.
- DBM will also utilize data to analyze business trends and enhance district plans and goals by providing direction to representatives on relevant growth opportunities.
- Individual will also model, coach and provide feedback on messaging and selling skills to enhance impact of representatives in engaging customers.
- They will serve as a resource for District product and disease state knowledge.
- Responsible for effectively and consistently managing individual and District performance, taking accountability, and taking appropriate actions, when necessary.
- DBM must also be focused on developing themselves as well as their team to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles.
- DBM must have a deep understanding of the healthcare market, including reimbursement environment, competitors, and local market dynamics and issues related to both hospital and retail markets.
- They will be expected to build strong relationships and network with key decision makers, local opinion leaders, and stakeholders to support business needs and sales objectives.
- Must understand and comply with all laws, regulations and policies.
- Individual will serve as a member of Region Leadership Team, and will be expected to provide strategic and local perspective and insights, contributing to region-level issues and initiatives.
- Individual will work collaboratively across matrix sales organization to appropriate address customer needs, and ensure delivery of sales targets and objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
- The individual in this role must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Prior experience as a District Business Manager in Pharmaceutical sales, or equivalent experience in leading across matrix teams is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in the Cardiovascular disease therapeutic area is also desirable.
- Hospital experience preferred.
- Individual should have a proven track record of inspiring and leading teams to meet or exceed expectations and goals.
- Individual should also have a successful track record of selecting, developing and retaining talented individuals.
- Applicants should have previous experience that has required the use of analytical skills, selling skills, and the development of strong business acumen, as well as a working knowledge of the market access environment.
- Strong skills in the following areas are required: oral and written communications, negotiation, strategic analysis, leadership, teambuilding and effective coaching to improve performance.
- As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.