Financial Business Manager ( 592936-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position is to join the GNT Network Systems organization to drive efficiencies, speed and innovation. You will play a key role in optimizing Verizon’s technology assets to ensure maximum utilization of infrastructure and technology resources. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that financial obligations are met for the Network Systems budget. You’ll partner with other areas of the business, like FP&A, Vendor Management, Sourcing and Accounting to ensure that all aspects of the budget forecasts and actual results are met. We’re looking for your project and financial management expertise as well as transformation ideas so that we can deliver the best outcomes for the business and in turn, to our customers. You will perform financial forecasting, reporting and operational metrics tracking are key to the success of this role.
- Support in the capital budgeting and expense planning process.
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of data across multiple sources.
- Partnering with other financial teams to ensure accurate financial forecasting, reporting and variance analysis.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Defining and ensuring quality standards and project policies are met.
- Working with the organization’s people leaders, HR, DMO team, FP&A to manage all aspects of Network Systems budget.
- Working with DMO teams and Network Systems managers to baseline the work and budget allocations at the beginning of the year and continue with the process as and when new programs are being added.
- Tracking budget and spending, tracking capital vs. expense spending.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant (business finance) work experience.
- Experience in financial modeling.
- Experience with Google G-suite, Excel formulas and functions.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of IT and network technologies.
- Three or more years of business finance or other relevant experience.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management.
- Good business/finance acumen.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency.
- Good skills and knowledge of leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience with delivering solutions by collaborating across multiple teams and managing by influence.
- Knowledge of procurement process, purchase order/invoicing processes, contingent workforce solutions processes.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute on competing tasks for multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable with interacting with executive-level management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.