Business Intelligence Manager ( 592429-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a member of the VBM Business Intelligence team, you will lead consumer base marketing analytics by providing data driven recommendations of how we improve the customer/Verizon relationship to strengthen loyalty, lower churn, and grow revenue.
You will use analytics to drive understanding and action throughout the VBM team. Insights will come through BI tools (SQL, excel, Tableau) and result in presentations to stakeholders with clear action plans to strengthen performance.
- Partnering with others to understand business challenges.
- Designing creative approaches to uncover the biggest opportunities for cost and time savings.
- Building business cases and translating findings into practical business implications.
- Identifying and recommending revenue and retention opportunities within the Consumer base.
- Working with a large dataset environment, solving complex technical problems with the assistance of other subject-matter specialists, and partnering with other teams to drive Verizon's initiatives.
- Responsible for targets on improving various KPIs through price plan recommendations, growing revenue from plan step-ups and reducing step-downs. You will accomplish this by identifying influence-able cohorts of customers and executing targeted marketing campaigns to drive desired outcomes.
- Identifying business problems and developing analytic techniques to provide solutions to external teams.
- Identifying opportunities, size potential gains, and present an actionable plan.
- Driving multiple technical and data-related projects of varying scopes and complexities.
- Working with other business units within Verizon, vendors, and executives to represent and drive our organization's strategy.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Experience with database concepts such as SQL.
- Experience with data warehouse and data lake architecture (Teradata, Hadoop).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Ability to take complex data stories, simplify and effectively present them in a manner that your audience understands and acts on the insights.
- Capability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Good with numbers and you love to dig into data to find the story.
- Detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters.
- Enjoy aligning various workstreams to ensure the same vision and goal is achieved.
- Experience with data mining and visualization skills.
- Ability to create compelling narratives to influence decision-makers.
- Ability to build detailed and compelling financial business cases.
- Value Based Marketing / CRM experience.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Presentation experience with executive leadership.
- Code automation platform experience (BTEQ).
- Tableau Desktop experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.