Manager - IT Software Development (2206452)
Manager - IT Software Development (Job Number: 2206452 )
You may know Penske for our big yellow trucks. But did you know we’re an industry-leading technology innovation company? At Penske we have a 50-year history of leading the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering world-class and award-winning technology solutions. And, it starts with our associates. No matter what your skills or technology stack, our IT team is for you. You’ll work and grow alongside great people and on really cool projects. We inspire our IT experts to push the boundaries, create possibilities, be innovative, and, most of all, to have fun. Ultimately, you’ll help develop and ensure our technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving forward. Do you have what IT takes?
You will manage a team of developers to help us create the next generation of innovative solutions while also enhancing and optimizing our existing systems and applications. Providing day to day management and development for your team you will manage projects to ensure seamless delivery, implementation, support and issue resolution.
What you will be doing:
As a Penske manager software development, you will be leading a team focused on key software development, enhancement and maintenance. Working with your teams, stakeholders, and development partners/vendors to ensure implementation and support structures create robust solutions. Conducting performance reviews for your team and quality assurance to ensure that deliverables are effective and meet the needs of the end user.
- Provide direction & day to day management of development staff to ensure that application development projects are prioritized, scheduled & completed according to business needs.
- Guide & mentor associates in their career development & foster collaboration.
- Conduct performance reviews & set standards for quality.
- Communicate & work with process owners in a consultative approach in reviewing, interpreting & developing systems in accordance with requirements while resolving issues / roadblocks as they occur.
- Ensure on-time & defect free delivery of applications in accordance with Penske standards.
- Ensure technical leads follow PDP processes & maintain management reporting.
- Lead monthly meetings with process owners to insure proper prioritization of projects.
- Responsible for multiple systems and cross functional projects.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math or Information Systems or equivalent development experience.
- 10-12 years’ experience with the core Technologies used in Penske’s technical infrastructure and applications MS Office-MS 365, (Teams, Sharepoint, Power Automate, Power BI etc.)
- 7 years defining application architecture and system integration requirements on multi-tiered application systems.
- 7 years of hands-on based design and development experience (per opening needs).
- 7 years of experience with distributed database environments and related database concepts.
- 5 years leading/supervising multiple IT projects through the full SDLC (system development life cycle) in a large complex software application.
- RAD 6, WebSphere 5.1/6.0, J2EE design patterns, EJB technology, SOA using Web Services.
- Broad exposure to enterprise technologies and systems.
- Able to communicate highly technical concepts in clear/concise manner to non-technical individuals.
- Experience prioritizing technology needs within set budget requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Work Locations :5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700 5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700
Tampa, FL 33609
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Tampa
Job : Information Technology
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Software Development Manager
Req ID: 2206452