Business Intelligence and Insights Manager ( 599939-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We’re looking for someone who can interpret and translate data into relevant/impactful insights that highlight risks, opportunities, and course correction recommendations for the business. You will apply these skills across a wide range of strategic and highly visible initiatives that span new device launches, strategic pricing and product initiatives, and promotions. Furthermore, you will be providing context and perspective into customer behaviors, channel dynamics and revenue trends to help achieve the company’s priorities. You will collaborate with technical, finance, and business partners to structure and deliver concise, data driven narratives for our senior leaders. You will do this by building compelling stories which connect findings from different sources and synthesize them into one complete picture. You will excel in both executing the analysis and then recommending strategic decisions based on the derived insights.
- Conceptualize and define success criteria to assess impacts from strategic initiatives.
- Drive collaboration to achieve alignment on what needs to be provided in support of the analysis work; timing of deliverables; and how findings and insights will be delivered.
- Building analytical frameworks, analyze complex data, and visualize/present key business insights in concise, easily digestible data driven insights to our customers in different functions and at different levels
- Be proactive in monitoring customer, revenue and competitive trends; and determine if there are deep dive, insight opportunities and to identify “why” we are seeing these trends.
- Advocate self-serve adoption and drive the expansion of visualization tools, such as ThoughtSpot and Qlik.
- Cultivate strong collaborations with Marketing, VBM, and technical partners; and stakeholder with senior staff.
What we’re looking for...
You believe that solid data should be behind every important decision. You are a numbers person but you also have a strategic mindset. You bring both a business perspective and an understanding of the marketplace—and not just theory and numbers. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. People trust you based upon your thoughtful and thorough analyses.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing, Analytics/Business Intelligence, Statistics or related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Microsoft and/or Google Suites of products, e.g. PowerPoint, Slides, Excel, Sheets, etc.
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
Even better if you have:
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver multiple complex projects against key deliverables and timelines.
- Familiarity with data visualization software.
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong visualization/storyboarding skills to present insights and recommendations in concise, and intuitive, narratives.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence and set expectations across various functional teams; and across all levels within the organization.
- Experience investigating and solving complex problems and data discrepancies.
- Strong working knowledge of DW data domains; and able to extract data using queries (Teradata SQL).
- Can balance the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Business Intelligence Certification (CPBI).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.