Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Planning (Business Process Lead) (R1557827-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb’s Cell Therapy business is entering an exciting new phase as it begins the commercialization of its first CAR-T products. Commercialization drives new scope, scale, and complexity across the network, and drives the need to work together in new ways.
This job is part of a new organization that has been established to manage this rapidly evolving environment. At the intersection of people, process, and systems is the Global Business Process Owner (BPO). The Business Process Lead (BPL) reports to the Global Business Process Owner for Cell Therapy Planning and works with an expanding network of manufacturing sites to foster cross-site collaboration and deliver a road map for continuous improvement and help drive decision-making for major programs and initiatives in the network.
The Planning BPL is positioned alongside peer BPOs in the vein-to-vein process, whose scope include network manufacturing, patient apheresis & treatment, site scheduling, quality assess & release, raw materials & procurement, logistics & order management, and master data governance. Each BPO leads cross-functional teams of local process owners and subject-matter experts to identify both challenges and opportunities. The BPL will work with a portfolio management team to drive the prioritization and mobilization of resources necessary to deliver change, which is a mix of near-term solutions to satisfy immediate needs, and multi-year plans to attain strategic targets.
This job reports in through Bristol Myers Squibb’s Business Process Owner and works closely with Cell Therapy leadership, Cell Therapy subject matter experts, and IT partners. This is an exciting opportunity to shape how BMS’s Cell Therapy planning operates and be part of a team influencing the overall future of the Cell Therapy network.
- Lead a cross-functional matrix organization focused on a planning business processes at the global and site level.
- Develop the strategy and business process road map for the Cell Therapy Planning network
- A primary point of contact for business on anything SAP-IBP used for Demand & Supply planning functions.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in site demand/supply planning designs for existing and new CAR-T sites.
- Lead, develop and implement policies and procedures based on current regulations and industry standards to ensure readiness for the transition from clinical to commercial
- Prioritize the pipeline of requirements for cell therapy systems. Final decision-maker on design.
- Coach and mentor a cross-functional community of professionals
- Work with senior leaders to help establish performance goals and strategic/operational objectives for the Cell Therapy Business organization
- Develop process metrics that can be used to provide performance insights to stakeholders
- Develop process flows for responsible areas and work with the delivery team to generate training documentation and delivery.
- May build and manage process for documenting user requirements, use cases, test management, scripts, and evidence including methodology, standard tools and templates, library/storage structure, maintenance, and periodic review process.
- Collaborate with Project & Portfolio Management planning team to estimate project resource needs, provide input to work breakdown structure during project planning phase, and provide management of delivery tasks within delivery support team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a business administration, Supply Chain, Engineering or related discipline.
- 7+ years of direct experience in supply chain or manufacturing processes
- Experience leading cross-functional matrix teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Skilled at presenting complex topics to senior leaders.
- Proven record leading or contributing to projects or programs in support of GXP operations
- Experience with regulatory inspections
- Extensive knowledge of current industry practices
- Experience with interpretation and application of guidelines and regulations
- Proven ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and unexpected events while maintaining a positive work attitude
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.