Small Business Field Account Manager - Phoenix, AZ (107539675)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Small Business Field Account Manager is the “Field-Based Service Owner” responsible for the distribution partner and customer’s total service experience with UnitedHealthcare.
The principal focus is to serve as the key liaison between the customer and the broker/employer service organization, monitoring service issue resolution and educating customers and their employees.
If you are located in Phoenix, AZ, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead, direct and conduct enrollment/benefit meetings and health fairs for assigned business
- Educate and consult with employers on enrollment, benefits, value-added programs, and electronic service processes
- Expand customer expertise and reliance on eTools to drive usage and adoption
- Maintain and provide customer information to the Strategic Account Executive on service trends, myuhc.com adoption, eServices adoption, wellness initiatives, and improvement opportunities, etc.
- Conduct meetings with customers to identify issues/trends and analyze root causes to determine corrective action steps
- Maintain current level of health care market trends, industry developments, and changes in legislation
- Conduct Welcome Calls to new clients (Face-to-Face/Telephonic/Email)
- Education/training of agents/clients on new product launches and service initiatives
- Receive, triage, and route escalated broker issues to proper internal team for resolution
- Collaborate with dedicated functional experts to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Identify root causes of systemic service issues impacting brokers and customers
- Resolve pre-implementation service issues
- Build and sustain positive relationships with brokers/consultants through direct and indirect communication
- Educate/train brokers and GAs on service model and proper contact channels for issue resolution
- Submit claims exception requests through the appropriate service channels
- Request or run ad hoc reports to research a service issue or claim
- Subject matter expert for electronic services, customer benefits and wellness, and internal processes
- Provide utilization reports to the Strategic Account Executive in support of customer renewals
- Audit plan change once confirmation is completed by the Strategic Account Executive
- Drive survey adoption to promote high level of Net Promoter Scores from Brokers and Employers
- Perform other assignments and responsibilities as required by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- State health insurance license is a requirement for this position by State law. If you do not already have one, must be willing to obtain a company-sponsored one
- Reliable, insured vehicle and maintain valid driver’s license
- 3+ years of in a client service, sales and/or account management or related experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Live within commutable distance to Phoenix, AZ
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Health care industry experience
- Project management experience
- Benefits and/or healthcare experience with Brokers
- Implementation experience
- Knowledge of group benefit products, provisions, and service offerings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective presentation skills
- Ability to interface with and influence internal business partners through the use of excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to navigate a complex organization to accomplish customer satisfaction
- Problem solving skills
- Solud team player
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrate ability to be collaborative with sales team, customers and distribution partners
If hired, you will need to provide your licensing certification within your first week of employment so that UHC / your manager can apply for your appointment as our agent. If you are not yet licensed, you must pass the state requirements and provide UHC / your manager with the requisite information no later than 30 days after your first day of employment. Failure to provide this required information within the time frames noted or loss of licensure during your employment may result in the termination of your employment.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.