HR Business Partner Manager ( 601726-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Your role is to nurture, develop, and grow our greatest asset—our people. Using your human resources expertise and a solid understanding of our business (don’t worry—that will come with time), you’ll help guide your clients through all people-related matters as they navigate challenges and embrace opportunities. You’ll also help your clients be better leaders by supporting them in mentoring, providing feedback, and managing performance. You will play a key role in building a work environment where everyone can thrive.
- Own and define the people strategy for technical customer operations (advanced solutions).
- Bringing to life our compensation, coaching and performance management strategy.
- Spearheading programs that promote recognition, development, and retention of key talent.
- Supporting business leaders to coach, give feedback, and manage performance effectively.
- Conducting investigations and offering expert advice on ethics, compliance, and employee relations issues.
- Providing guidance on human resources policies and procedures.
- Leading and driving HR related projects and initiatives to support business unit strategy.
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
This role supports the Verizon business customer operations group focused on technical customer service and would also have responsibilities for overall HR leadership for West Valley City.
Where you'll be working...
This role will be based out of West Valley City, UT as listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You share our belief that people are our most important asset. You know the value of a great manager—how inspiring and empowering it can be to work for one. You are driven to help your clients be better leaders, and you believe in everyone’s potential to grow. You’re a great listener, so people naturally come to you for help and advice. You’ll enjoy partnering with your clients to solve complex problems and, in the process, make us better every day.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Human resources or leadership experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience as an HR business partner.
- Experience in resolving employee issues and building morale.
- Strong consulting skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated influence skills with key stakeholders through relationships, expertise and data.
- The ability to quickly establish and maintain rapport with people of diverse backgrounds and professional levels.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.