Business Manager Segment Lead - Dublin (108289906)
About the Role:The Business Manager - Segment lead will be the primary contact point for UHC interfacing with all elements relating to their respective Segment (Production, Growth, Analytics) for issue management and performance queries or escalations. The Business Manager - Segment Lead will own their Segment’s MBO providing guidance to the entire business through the measurement and monitoring of KPIs associated with the achievement of MBOs. Highlighting analytical and system break impacts and managing issue resolution including Production capacity directional support. The Business Manager - Segment Lead will provide direction over TAT and capacity management based on performance observations. They will recommend the order in which inventory is worked within their Segment, collaborating with Production to maximize the use of talent, expertise and ensure profitability of the Segment. The Business Manager - Segment Lead will provide Strategic Direction to the Segment, aligning activities and decisions to the wider Business Strategy to ensure the achievement of Strategic Vision and MBOs. This includes the delivery of key programs and projects to enable growth and efficiencies.
- Act as the Business Manager / Segment lead for one of the Data Mining Lines of Business.
- Collaborate with business matrix partners to deliver value to our clients by ensuring key operational, financial and growth targets are achieved
- Develop and implement strategic business solutions through research, innovation and analysis to drive financial savings and operational efficiencies
- Present analysis and interpretation for operational and business review and planning
- Support short and long term operational/strategic business activities such as Analytic, Production and Growth management initiatives through analysis and leadership
- Analyze and translate data to determine financial impact and develop recommendations for action plans e.g. opportunities for automation, quality, throughput efficiency
- Provide support around adhoc operations analysis requests
- Experience of implementing process or business transformation projects from ideation / requirements through to successful delivery
- Experience gathering requirements from the business and documenting
- Experience with process improvement, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes required
- Proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems required (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SQL)
- Ability to communicate analysis including trends and opportunities to clients, executive leadership and the business in writing and verbally
- Ability to problem solve including multiple priorities and research conflicting and/or inaccurate data
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience of managing business partners in a matrix organization
- Strong experience in business/finance analysis
- Lean process improvement or six sigma qualifications / experience
- Knowledge of the US Health Insurance Industry: Claim Adjudication, Payments and Eligibility
Please note you must currently be eligible to work without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.