Engineering Business Intelligence Manager ( 602315-1X )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As our Business Intelligence Manager for the RAN Real Estate, Planning and Partnership Organization you are aimed towards optimizing the lease portfolio. This position is responsible for leading long term network planning, executing on a wide variety of strategic/ transformative projects aimed at preparing the business for the future. You will leverage data to shape strategies and partner across the business (engineering, planning, finance, operation, etc.) to perform deep-dive analyses and drive insights. The Manager will combine financial and operational data modeling, reporting and analysis to effectively tell the story, impact growth strategies, and make recommendations to executive leadership and audiences.
You will be part of a team that shapes multi-billion dollar investments across the nation’s largest and best networks and guiding Verizon into future network investments. You are a decisive, quick, forward-thinking, strategic, and tactical thought leader. You have exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working across areas and levels of the organization. Specifically you will be managing the Verizon network and engineering multi-year strategic real estate and regulatory plan across all Verizon’s technology domains.
- Identifying business problems and developing analytic techniques to provide solutions and recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, and experiment analysis) to multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Benchmarking TCO of existing network RAN real estate agreements and completing regression analysis to determine desired operational and financial terms.
- Cost/Benefit analysis and a high degree of analytical capability with proven ability to structure a business case around a high-level strategic vision.
- Access the impact of strategic financial/operational decisions through evaluation of scenarios, presenting recommendations to leadership.
- Present simplified data visualization or illustrations on operational data, technical solutions and complicated business processes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
***This position can be located out of any US based Verizon Hub location.***
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy solving business problems, improving processes, and reporting metrics. You thrive on the opportunity to encourage cross-functional teams and build an environment of constant innovation. You’re not afraid of deadlines, complexity, or competing priorities, and your flexible attitude means you’re happy to consider a variety of alternatives and course correct with ease. You bring both a business perspective and a strong understanding of complex business finances. You have a knack for communicating, organizing, building partnerships, and helping close gaps in the business. People trust you based upon your thorough analyses and thoughtful approach to situations.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Econometrics, or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience understanding complex business functions.
- Experience utilizing geo-analysis tools (excel, tableau).
- Experience applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets.
- Experience with visual science / dashboard design principles.
- Experience working on network strategy and or planning.
- Knowledge of database concepts (Oracle, MS SQL, generic SQL).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- AnMBA or Finance degree.
- Knowledge of corporate financial planning, reporting andanalysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.Advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics.
- Knowledge of the Network engineering processes and systems.
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, or similar visual analysis tool, optimization, analytics and data sets, project management, developing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Knowledge of data warehouse and data lake technology (Teradata, Hadoop).
- Wireless network implementation knowledge.
- Knowledge of 5G, LTE, and CMDA technologies.
- Knowledge of LTE and RAN Networks.
- Experience with Microsoft and G Suite applications Word, Docs, Excel, Sheets,PowerPoint, and Slides.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.