Senior Manager – Business Process and Prioritization ( 602153-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our industry is more competitive than ever, and to stay on top, we need to make sure we’re invoicing and collecting all the revenue we’ve earned. That’s where you come in. You’ll lead the team that handles bill-to-cash software and dashboard solution projects. Along with developing project strategies and driving execution, you’ll be crafting a great environment by providing transparency, direction, and feedback. Your contribution to our CFO IT team will directly impact our profitability and our ultimate success.
- Leading a team of professionals, planning and reviewing their work, plus removing barriers and solving problems to help them be productive.
- Coordinating all stages of the software development life cycle, from the development of the business case through evaluation.
- Producing and distributing key bill-to-cash communications and coordinating dashboard automation.
- Supporting the implementation of payments business flows and interacting systems, including system testing.
- Building processes to gather process improvement insights from the team.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy using new technologies to address business problems, improve processes, and report metrics. You grow with the opportunity to encourage cross-functional teams and create an environment of constant innovation. You’re not afraid of deadlines, complexity, or opposing priorities, and your flexible attitude means you’re happy to consider a variety of alternatives and course correct with ease.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing a team.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience interacting with business clients, interfacing organizations, and application development teams.
- Knowledge of the software development process.
- Experience leading a virtual or distributed team.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.