Senior Manager Product Lifecycle Verizon New Business Incubation ( 597356-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As the Senior Manager, Product Lifecycle, Verizon New Business Incubation you will design, implement and manage all processes involved in product operations required to scale Verizon’s frontier technology software businesses. This role reports to the VP of Product Strategy and Operations, and includes oversight over the portfolio of 5G-based software businesses and ongoing investments Verizon has made in aerial and ground robotics, location services, sensor intelligence, adaptive manufacturing and other emerging technologies. Working closely and in collaboration with; other ‘NBI Product Strategy and Operations’ group functions such as Strategic Finance, Partner Operations, and Integration Management Office; NBI portfolio business unit ‘product’ teams (design, development, management etc); peers in NBI Chief Revenue Officer, and NBI Chief Technology Officer functions; and other relevant and essential Verizon corporate stakeholders, such as legal, security, compliance, corporate strategy, and technology, you will develop, launch, and manage the daily product operations policies and practices to deliver improved process control, process improvement, product/solution/service line quality, increased productivity, increased legal certainty, simplified traceability of processes, cost efficiencies, increased customer and partner satisfaction, and support for product strategy deployment.
This role sits at the intersection of product/solution design, development and management, product go-to-market (sales and marketing), product reliability/security, and quality assurance systems and processes, and technology with a lazer-sharp focus on ‘scalability, productivity, and profitability’ during the most significant technological advancement of the decade, 5G.
Key Duties Include
- Define, implement, measure and continuously improve portfolio product processes
- Collaborate with NBI BU’s, CRO Office, and CTO Office in managing the release of products to market following an efficient, but thorough analysis that meets Verizon’s global standards
- Establish and implement product processes to support evidence-based decision making throughout the portfolio in order to define and report out on quality, innovation, financial and customer objectives as it relates to products/solutions
- Implementation and measurement of targets (financial and operational) around product development, quality assurance, reliability, and security
- Design, implement and bear responsibility for NBI’s portfolio QMS process and policies tying together product requirements, product development, product launch processes, supplier and channel operations and customer lifecycle management. Create and deliver a training and certification program on the QMS to relevant employees
- Tight collaboration and stake-holdering with partner functions in legal, ethics, engineering, and product to ensure continued compliance and standards assurance in all manners of data transparency and retention practices, privacy and ethics matters related to our products and solutions
- Serve as an input to regulatory aspects of technology & product opportunity evaluation within the product development process such as requirements capture, standards identification and interpretation, planning and conduct of evaluation and investigations
- Build and manage NBI Product Operations team – small, core, agile team with oversight to NBI portfolio business units.
Where you'll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in product development and/or business operations experience at a Fortune 1000 in supporting verticals such as construction, oil & gas, manufacturing, logistics and/or energy
- Experience in strategy and operations alongside hands-on experience in implementation of processes and systems
- Success in operational execution of strategies in technology, and/or other related industries
- Demonstrated ability to create and lead others in process design and implementation and the development, monitoring and reporting of OKRs/KPI
Even better if you have:
- Three or more years experience in business consulting and similar practices
- Certifications in PMP, ISO 9001, Six Sigma
- Experience in Quality Management, Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance
- Fantastic interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Motivation anchored by the success of the business
- A self-starter and innovator mindset and be committed to making things happen
- Humility, integrity and hilarity in your daily approach to work
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.