Senior Manager-Application Development ( 600970-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Corporate Systems Group has an opening for an Analysis and Design Senior Manager responsible for strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support Verizon’s revenue recognition platform. This Senior Manager will work with and develop his/her team to deliver high quality, high value data products around Revenue and Finance.
The revenue recognition Analysis and Design Senior Manager is responsible for leading a team that will support the analysis and design of major functional enhancements to the application and continued modifications over time to support Verizon’s ever changing product and system landscape. The team will define the high-level data flow architecture, system level requirements, data transformations, and configuration changes for the application and its upstream and downstream systems. In addition, you will be responsible for documenting end user requirements, evaluating business process implications, creating technical documentation including functional and technical designs, and defining business and data migration rules. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, strategic thinker, people manager, and hands-on leader committed to the team effort required to design and implement optimal system solutions for complex issues and business processes.
- Bolster, develop, motivate and retain a world-class team and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and continuous evaluation of the team, while fostering individual career development and high morale.
- Provide leadership on complex projects; mentoring the team with specific emphasis on data and systems analysis, functional design, and testing.
- Responsible for architecture, design, business rule development, and testing of new and enhanced functionality within the revenue recognition application and source systems.
- Act as a liaison between IT and business community to develop business and system requirements based on input gathered from a variety of sources including analysis and feedback from end user, subject matter experts and architects.
- Analyze complex business requirements and translate requirements into application designs and data model solutions that best represent and serve the business and data requirements and meet system and reporting needs.
- Understand business and technical requirements and ensure software design and capabilities are aligned with requirements.
- Provide solution and subject matter expertise and apply strategic thinking to identify new process and technology opportunities to enhance the performance of the revenue recognition application.
- Present problem statements/data/conclusions/recommendations in a consumable, meaningful, and insightful manner.
- Analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal sources to provide strategic and actionable business insights to decision-makers. Develop and deliver data-driven solutions to support business needs and analytics.
- Perform complex, detailed data analysis to validate, model, and identify and interpret trends and patterns in the data with the purpose of understanding and developing recommendations and solutions for complex business issues.
- Utilize advanced data mining techniques to analyze large data sets with the goal of understanding data for use in data mapping, data transformation, system/business rules, and identifying operational improvements.
- Make tactical, data-driven decisions leveraging experience and with consideration for competing priorities.
- Transform data into opportunities (i.e., establish hypotheses, dig into the data, and seek to understand root causes) to drive business impact.
- Identify gaps in data and determine what data must be obtained and integrated to meet the needs of the business.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and deliver solutions for the use, extraction, and transformation of data.
- Quickly come up to speed with new data sources and models for use in data exploration.
- Continuously develop and enhance understanding of existing data infrastructure and source systems as well as new technologies, tools, and methods for data analysis.
- Create and maintain documentation of database processes and business rules.
- Review project deliverables such as designs and requirements for completeness, quality, and compliance with the revenue recognition standard.
- Perform software quality assurance checks, which includes testing and validating that solutions deliver on requirements.
- Translate requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for system and user acceptance testing.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS in MIS, Finance (Accounting or Financial Planning and Analysis), Business, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of related experience in system implementations including end-to-end design.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in MIS, Finance (Accounting or Financial Planning and Analysis), or Business.
- Eight or more years of related experience in system implementations including end-to-end design.
- Experience with billing systems, billing data, revenue systems, and/or revenue assurance/reporting.
- Experience with AWS, Teradata, Google Cloud Platform and other modern data platform technologies.
- Experience with data warehousing, data integration, data quality assurance, data modelling, and ad-hoc analysis.
- Five or more years of advanced relational database experience required (e.g., Teradata, Oracle).
- Advanced SQL skills. This is required for use in data analysis, ad-hoc reporting, and data quality assurance.
- Proven management skills and the ability to inspire others to achieve success.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to resolve issues with little guidance and drive solutions end-to-end.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team, embrace change, and work in an iterative development environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle practices, utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Significant experience in developing business or technology strategy and advanced skill influencing and guiding strategic thinking.
- Experience and comfort with data – understanding data, synthesizing and visualizing actionable insights.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.