Senior Manager - Software Development ( 598012-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a a Senior Manager to lead a team of technical employees that manage the development, support & operations of the primary POS applications for all assisted channels (B360). The scope for this manager team is pretty large including development of small, medium, large & extra large projects for assisted B2B front lines, that drive 75% of B2B sales across Wireless BU's.
- Support Audit & compliance activities for all assisted applications that support B2B Wireless.
- Work closely & drive the team in US and India to develop & support the next gen POS B2B applications, and migrate applications to the public cloud (AWS).
- Distribute workload and development responsibilities to ensure timely completion and avoid impact to existing services.
- Manage employee performance in a consistent and timely fashion per company policy and practice.
- Work with internal organizations to develop, design, size, and adjust data flow models to ensure applications meet availability, performance, capacity, and security requirements and guidelines.
- Manage Capital and Expense budgets to plan.
- Drive technology, operational and cost innovation within the team and with broader stakeholders.
- Understand and interpret business strategy, including design, to improve applications in collaboration with other business units.
- Ensure new applications and infrastructure components adhere to defined architectural requirements and standards - guide the evolution of new technologies to support the requirements of new systems and business initiatives.
- Provide direction and effectively manage vendors.
- Provide input on product road maps and KPI's.
- Provide leadership for continuous process improvement.
- Ensure that Security is tablestakes
- Have a firm posture on reducing technical debt & IR's
- Work closely with fraud, legal & compliance to reduce fraud in all assisted applications.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Software Development practices and principles to build resilient systems and to provide business continuity.
- Experience with Agile Methodology
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or relevant stream.
- Four or more years of Development experience with the following technology categories - Application Performance Management, Containerized Workloads (e.g., Kubernetes, EKS), Logging (e.g., ELK,EFK and Splunk), Alerting (e.g., NewRelic), Configuration Management Tools (e.g., Ansible, Jenkins), API Management Tools (e.g., Apigee, API Gateway), Cloud (e.g., AWS, Google) and Databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL, Cassandra Postgres and RDS).
- Experience with creating rich Grafana, Kibana, and new Relic visualizations and dashboards for providing key metric monitoring information to users and support staff.
- Experience working with version control systems (e.g., GIT, subversion ,or mercurial).
- Strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines in a distributed environment,
- Experience working with globally diverse teams and working with Vendors
- Experience with software packaging tools, security vulnerability tools (SonarQube, Fortify, BlackDuck, SysDig), code coverage analytical tools and monitoring tools.
- Experience in applications development, infrastructure, or database architectures.
- Experience with development of log monitoring framework based on exceptions parsing.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and maintaining Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana logging platform.
- Automation experience and the ability to code or script at an advanced level.
- Experience in Cloud and Container platform monitoring and excelling in delivering high-value solutions in dynamic and ambiguous environments.
- Leading medium-to-large projects by bringing together the right perspectives, identifying roadblocks, and integrating feedback from clients and team members.
- Experience in IT Security and compliance, operations and network services, and application development.
- Experience creating Jenkins pipelines to build code artifacts and deploy the code.
- Strong knowledge or experience with Agile (e.g., Scrum, Kanban).
- Vendor management and SLA performance experience.
- Experience with POS applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.