District Business Manager, Hematology - Rocky Mountain (R1559390-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are building our talent pipeline in Hematology Sales and we are looking for smart, professional and passionate people, such as yourself, who want to make a difference in the lives of patients. As part of our Hematology Sales team, you will be a part of a growing and dynamic sales organization that has a strong heritage and continues to be at the forefront of bringing new and innovative cancer therapies to the market, such as immunotherapies in multiple tumor types.
Our Hematology pipeline is one of the best in the industry and having an elite sales team in place is critical to our success. As a member of the Hematology sales team, you will be among the best in your profession and have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people. Bristol Myers Squibb takes a vested interest in developing our people for not only today but for the long term. We are looking to hire our future leaders and help you reach your potential while building a career that makes you proud. Please consider this opportunity to learn about Bristol Myers Squibb, and join a stellar team of people who share your goal of changing survival expectations for cancer patients and their families.
What we are looking for:
The District Business Manager leads a team of motivated sales professionals that represent the integrity of the company by providing approved, disease and product information and resources to key decision makers and stakeholders, helping to make a difference in the lives of patients. We are looking for leaders who can inspire and motivate a team to reach and exceed business goals, while maximizing their growth and development potential.
Who do you work with:
The District Business Manager reports to the Regional Business Director and works collaboratively across a matrix sales organization to appropriately address customer needs and ensure that we deliver on our sales targets and our objective of demonstrating value among our customers.
What are the primary responsibilities:
- Leads a team of highly motivated sales professionals by creating and articulating a vision for the district that builds off of the objectives and vision for the organization as a whole.
- Effectively analyzes performance data, market trends, market access dynamics, and builds strategic business plans to address challenges and capitalize on business opportunities.
- Demonstrates clear and thorough understanding of BMS Hematology products, Hematology marketplace, relevant competitive products and the disease area. Leverages this knowledge to model and coach team to exemplary selling skills and product and disease state knowledge.
- Actively facilitates the growth and development of team members based on their needs, motivation and business requirements.
- Creates an environment of continuous learning where team members feel challenged and engaged.
- Must be able to effectively lead a group through change while maintaining focus on current and future business needs.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of BMS
We want to know about you:
Qualifications and Experience we look for in a candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, or other related industry experience.
- Prior experience as a District Business Manager in Pharmaceutical Sales, or equivalent experience in leading and managing high performing teams is required.
- Hematology experience is strongly preferred, including an understanding of Hematology reimbursement, access and distribution environment.
- Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams to meet or exceed expectations and goals.
- Proven successful track record of selecting, developing and retaining talented individuals.
- Previous experience that has required use of analytical skills, selling skills, and development of strong business acumen, and working knowledge of the market access environment.
- As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.