Manager Business Transformation ( 603754-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Business Transformation Manager will play a crucial role in driving process excellence at Verizon Connect by engaging employees to create and execute processes that scale effectively and efficiently. This trailblazer is charged with building partnerships with functional leaders to execute strategic projects aimed at increasing customer loyalty, reducing costs and accelerating results. As a trusted advisor and coach to the business, you will identify improvement opportunities and develop a plan to execute the improvements.
You will work with various business units and functional leaders at the highest levels of the organization to detail current processes, help define new processes and lead transformative projects aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the business while preparing the business for future. You will lead action-planning, project tracking and scheduling to ensure deadlines are met, and drive business transformation and analytics efforts across Verizon Connect.
- Obtaining and analyzing business data to inform senior leadership of critical gaps in the strategic operating model.
- Driving the implementation of cross-functional, strategic projects.
- Influencing peers and senior leaders to meet delivery achievements and short-term projects.
- Building and driving governance, procedures and repetitive processes that yield high value within the organization.
- Crafting business unit development and operations strategies by using data analytics.
- Interpreting and processing data to provide recommendations to enhance business outcomes.
- Working with various teams to capture and shape requirements for presentations to senior level leaders.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager. This role will also have minimal travel requirements under the 25% threshold.
What we’re looking for...
We’re looking for a process trailblazer to help our newly integrated and unified company improve the way we work and deliver value. You have strong process improvement, data analytics, and coaching skills as well as a proven track record of implementing effective process changes. The Business Transformation Manager will play a crucial role in driving process excellence at Verizon Connect by engaging employees to create and execute processes that scale effectively and efficiently. You demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm and curiosity for helping us build and apply structured methodologies in ways that are tailored for our culture. A passion for finding the most effective ways to solve problems, improve experiences, and deliver results will be fundamental to fulfilling the responsibilities of this role; creativity and innovation are welcome. As a trusted advisor and coach to the business, you will identify improvement opportunities and develop a plan to execute the improvements
You’ll need to have:
- Green Belt certification or training in Lean Six Sigma.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of experience driving and executing processes for strategic projects aimed to increase customer loyalty, reducing costs and/or accelerating results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- MBA or Masters in Engineering or Statistics.
- Black Belt certification or training in Lean Six Sigma.
- Four or more years of experience as a team lead with proven facilitation, change management, and problem solving experience.
- Track record of handling extremely confidential information appropriately.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking that results in new ideas that drive the business forward.
- Comfort in working up and across the organization – working with senior staff members and front line employees.
- Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures.
- Presentation skills, including ability to create presentations using Google Sheets/MS PowerPoint and experience presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Strong descriptive and predictive analytics skills.
- Experience working in a tier-1 management consulting organization.
- Minitab proficiency.
- iGrafx proficiency.
- Prescriptive analytics experience.
- Design Thinking proficiency.
- Proven record for managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.