Senior Business Development Manager ( 603626-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We’re looking for a highly motivated, results-driven, and experienced BDR (Business Development) Senior Manager to lead a growing BDR team responsible for owning the top-of-funnel outbound strategy and monthly/quarterly pipeline goal. You will be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, always exploring and implementing new ideas and approaches to drive revenue.
The core responsibilities include:
- Lead the BDR team to exceed their goals of driving introductory meetings with our target prospects using email, phone calls, voicemails, and social media.
- Maximize workflow and productivity within the team, ensuring quarterly team-based key targets are achieved.
- Cross-collaboration with the Sales team to ensure a smooth hand-off of new opportunities and review the quality of sales opportunities regularly.
- Measure and report against KPIs weekly, and create dashboards as needed or requested by senior management. Provide management with BDR performance, pipeline creation, forecasts [lead pipeline], and target account coverage reports.
- Track and communicate weekly goals to the team to drive consistent performance weekly.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and professional development, including weekly 1:1 meetings, weekly shadow sessions, and content development. Participate in your team’s calls, emails, follow-up protocols, and processes for the BDR team to identify coaching and team member development opportunities. Support BDRs through call coaching, sequence review and development, email and social selling strategies, objection handling, etc.
- Develop and improve sales enablement tools, including drafting scripts, testing, messaging, and documenting templates and processes to drive outbound prospecting and lead generation to ensure the consistency and effectiveness of our messaging.
- Monitor and experiment with BDR cadences and outreach methods to identify and replicate best practices and achieve our lead generation goals.
- Leverage prospecting tools and platforms (e.g., lead generation, email, phone, data enrichment, BDR processes) to drive sales pipeline.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in a BDR Management role with experience leading and growing a team in a hands-on management/player-coach capacity.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Track record of achieving lead generation pipeline within a company selling to businesses.
- Hands-on experience with multiple prospecting techniques and channels.
- Experience with marketing and sales tools such as Salesforce CRM, Marketing Automation, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Data Management tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to executive management.
- Prior telecommunications or related experience and knowledge of typical products and services.
- Effective in a challenging and constantly changing environment; a high-energy and self-motivated entrepreneurial style and spirit.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Highly creative with a commitment to delivering key objectives.
- Collaborative and open to developing new skills as needed.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.