Sr Business Development Manager ( R-00087228 )
Leidos’ Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operations is seeking an experience Business Development Manager to help drive the organization’s strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers’ most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies.
E&CS is an Industry-recognized advanced Enterprise Information Technology & Cyber Solution innovator providing transformational end-to-end business models that lower costs, improve efficiencies, and contribute to our customers’ success. Focus areas include: cyber security and operations, cloud computing & migration, and IT service solutions. This critical role, will include responsibility for all aspects of business development to include strategic capture, proposal development, and account strategy. To these ends, the selected individual will have opportunities to lead efforts for identification, qualification and capture of specific opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth to support the Division’s and Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
- Demonstrated success in growing Defense Enterprise IT Business
- Grow and qualify the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter and intra-company collaboration
- Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals of the Division
- Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
- Develop internal cross-organizational relationships and drive new growth through collaboration with the other Operations
- Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence
- Participate as a thought leader in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
- Play a key role in the development and execution of the long term strategic plan for the Division
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio (some travel required).
- A Bachelor’s and 15+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s and 13+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience working in aerospace & defense, government services and/or other professional services executing all aspects of business development, program capture, planning, and execution
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD services business
- Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$50 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with DOD Customer
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Experience in budget management of New Business Funds (or budget planning & execution)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Ability to achieve results through others. Possess the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
- 3+ years logistics program management experience a plus
- Completed professional training in Business Development Management
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.