Corporate Development Manager ( 603972-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Corporate Development Manager is a critical member of a small, nimble team that executes Verizon’s inorganic strategic goals including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and other strategic initiatives that have a transformative impact on the business. Targets will span a broad range of industries within Telecom, Media, and Technology (“TMT”). Companies will vary in size from small, private, VC-backed companies to public enterprises with multibillion dollar market caps.
- Apply accounting and financial concepts to research potential acquisition targets, perform rigorous financial valuation analyses, and lead due diligence activities across large teams.
- Work closely with the broader Verizon Finance organization.
- Interact daily with a wide range of corporate and functional groups. You will have opportunities for direct interaction with senior executives.
- Work closely with and support transaction leads throughout the deal process.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Four or more years of work experience in Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy, Commercial Finance, Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Management Consulting or substantially equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of financial statements (e.g., income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement) and proven ability to analyze financial trends.
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data with relative autonomy and exceptional attention to detail.
- Writing, presentation development, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to and working directly with senior management.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working in a transactional environment.
- Knowledge of Telecom, Media and Technology industries.
- Knowledge of research databases and related financial tools.
- Understanding of and professional experience working with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.