Manager - Business Transformation ( 602870-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Finance organization. We are executing a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. We want to build leading Finance practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any Finance professional wants to work. You will be a catalyst for change.
This role will support Enterprise Data Strategy and will interact with Finance personnel across all lines of business on a regular basis. You will also forge relationships with members of our AI&D, Accounting, FP&A, Human Resources, Information Technology, Tax, Supply Chain, Sales/Marketing, Operations and Real Estate teams. This role has primary accountability for strategies and deliverables that support Finance Data Strategy transformation and effectiveness across the Finance organization. It requires significant interaction with business leaders and other key stakeholders. The role is accountable to provide input and recommendation to define processes, procedures, best practices and standards required to support ongoing Finance data initiatives, drive benefit realization, continuous improvement and alignment to the future-state target operating model.
- Support the Finance Transformation Office.
- Drive the execution of the different transformational program initiatives related to data management, stewardship and governance that support reporting/analytics, 1ERP and other Finance initiatives.
- Interact and forge relationships with partnering organization personnel across all lines of business including AI&D, Accounting, FP&A, Human Resources, Information Technology, Tax, Supply Chain, Sales/Marketing, Operations and Real Estate teams on a regular basis.
- Assess Finance data activities that are being performed and partner with applicable parties to recommend and design business and system process improvements and transformation initiatives.
- Represent program objectives and act as a day-to-day resource to deliver program goals and initiatives.
- Provide status updates on program and project progress, including communication of any open risks, dependencies or decisions.
- Understand the end-to-end processes related to Finance data.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Verizon Lean Six Sigma and/or Design Thinking experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or Project Management.
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with data management fundamentals (data profiling, improvement, accuracy, completeness, data integrity, data stewardship and data governance).
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Strong understanding of financial systems, accounting systems and principles.
- Experience in Finance, General Ledger and/or Financial Reporting.
- Ability to interface with various/complex stakeholder groups, functions and senior level management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Google Products (e.g. Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides).
- Project management skills. Ideally, for large visible implementations.
- Experience managing large-scale, complex projects.
- PMP, VLSS, Design Thinking, CIA, CPA, or FP&A certification.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.