Senior Product Manager, New Product Development - Telecommute (109682110)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Sr. Product Manager role will be responsible for new product development activities of assigned products in the OptumRx product portfolio. Scope of work includes early-stage product ideation, design, and development of new products; development and execution of proofs of concept; product lifecycle management. The intent of this work is to respond to the market with urgency and, accordingly, a portfolio of product opportunities that differentiate OptumRx.
This role will interface with OptumRx functional partners, customers, sales and client management teams to design, develop and commercially launch product solutions for new and existing customers across multiple market segments. Skills the role must leverage include strategic thinking, understanding patient and client needs, quantitative analysis, collaboration, decision making, operational execution and leading through ambiguous circumstances. This role is expected to partner effectively with operations, IT, marketing, finance, sales and other functional areas to lead cross-functional teams to develop and launch new or enhanced products.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understand market and consumer needs, as well as the competitive landscape
- Constantly collect and analyze performance data (e.g., market; financial; operational) in order to enhance existing products and identify new opportunities for the business
- Support definition and execution of product roadmaps, develop and drive near and long-term strategies that increase product value over time
- Drive and manage high-quality execution across organizational lines
- Serve as a subject matter expert to internal stakeholders on specific marketplace and product topics
- Support sales and account management for key client activities
- Collaborate with internal leaders and external partners to gain an understanding of their business needs and adapt product strategy, priorities, and business plans accordingly
- Develop a point of view and advocate for a position and product at all levels of the organization, including directly to executive leadership
- Navigate ambiguity with ease
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years product management, product development or consulting experience within a large, matrixed organization
- Experience developing business cases and CBA development
- Experience communicating at all levels of an organization, including executive presentations
- Proficientwith MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Health Care industry experience
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer, pharmacy or PBM experience
- Marketing, financial or operations background
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, [Register to View] 698&sourceId=%C2%B6ms=%7B%22AppName%22%3A%22Teams-Desktop%22%2C%22AppVersion%22%3A%2227%2F[Register to View] 9%22%7D">click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Product Manager, Senior Product Manager, Telecommute, Work from Home, Remote, Marketing, Business, Finance