Business Intelligence Manager ( 603716-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will join a world-class Marketing Science team and you’ll be ensuring that data science drive continuous business improvements, bringing more profitable growth and an even better customer experience. You are good with numbers and you love to dig into data to find the story. Crafting reports and dashboards is a fun afternoon for you. You’re able to translate numbers into compelling stories - and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience function and level to meet their needs. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand.
- Working data ingestion, preparation and transformation.
- Building high-quality Marketing applications to be used by Sales and Marketing teams.
- Working on GCP Storage and Big Query and API.
- Run POC with external data vendors to ingest new datasets.
- Building sales plays based on 1st and 3rd party data.
Where you’ll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle, and Teradata).
- Experience working with statistical packages like R, Python, SPSS, JMP, or SAS.
- Experience creating data visualizations using various tools (Tableau, Qlik, and Power BI).
- Experience leading projects independently from start to finish in a team environment.
- Experience working with large datasets using tools like SQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig/Hive, Spark, H2O.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases and big data repositories (Hadoop) and cloud-based repositories (AWS, Google Cloud).
- Data mining, preparation and modeling experience.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentation creation.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Market Research, Technology, or related degree.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing business environments which has changing priorities on a daily basis.
- Experience working with business intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Experience crafting and delivering executive level presentations to non-technical audience including data summaries and visualizations.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.