Business Intelligence Manager - Network
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Build Operations Center has an immediate opening for a talented and experienced Manager – Business Intelligence with hands on expertise using large data sets to find opportunities for network operation and implementation optimization. The primary responsibility is to perform cross disciplinary analysis and visualization of traditional and spatial network data to help solve complex problems and accelerate the Verizon Network build programs. You will work in an interdisciplinary field together with data scientists, IT developers, business executives and telecom network engineering teams.
- Lead engagements with key business stakeholders in business strategies and opportunities with a focus on driving measurable value via innovative deployment solutions to business problems.
- Build strong working relationships and develop deep partnerships with the business.
- Engage with Analytics and Data Science teams to develop world class data models supporting the network build program management.
- Engage and lead integration of multiple data sources seamlessly into the data models and visualization tools to support specific decision support and data analysis.
- Work closely with engineers to deploy models in production for business partners to use and deploy and support continuous feedback for ease of use and value.
- Create and walk through executive presentations that explain the complex data modeling and stories in simple easy to understand visually striking layman terms that will leave a residual impact on the executive audience.
- Challenge existing thought processes and actively work in cross disciplinary groups and make a case using rich data presentations.
***This position can be located out of any US based Verizon Hub locations.***
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have a passion for data analytics. You have a proven track record of driving business decisions by providing actionable insights based on data. You are comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams with ability to frame problems out of ambiguity and unstructured information. You are a master at analyzing big data sets with a strategic mindset. You are curious about what people need and want and how they learn. You are great at influencing up, down, and across groups and you take satisfaction in mentoring others. You are an expert at observing people, process, business needs and quickly zeroing in on opportunities to improve before small problems become big problems.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Proven expertise in Data analysis / visualization tools such as Tableau and Alteryx.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience managing cross functional large teams or programs.
- End to end working knowledge of Verizon network site build program.
- Expert experience in the Verizon network planning process.
- PMP certification.
- Knowledge of technical procedures, principles and concepts in the Telecommunications and/or Finance fields.
- SAFe Agilist, product manager certified.
- Working knowledge of Verizon network program management suite of tools such as Fuze platform, CoE, Granite.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.