Business Program Manager
Leidos seeks a Business Program Manager to lead operations of a successful team of energy efficiency professionals who are responsible for implementation of the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Commercial and Industrial program. This exciting position offers a unique career opportunity for a dynamic person who possesses excellent management, communication, and organizational skills in guiding the team in a fast-paced environment to meet program goals. A person in this position will, through collaboration with Ameren Illinois and the Leidos program staff, lead the strategic and tactical efforts of the program. The successful candidate should have a solid knowledge of demand side energy efficiency program implementation principles, must be highly motivated, results oriented, well organized, self-starting, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and lead the business team through a collaborative approach. This position will report to the Implementation Portfolio Director.
Location: Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory
(roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
Travel: Local travel up to 50% of the time.
- Lead the Business Energy Efficiency Program implementation team to maintain a cost-effective portfolio of measures thereby achieving performance goals, metrics and directives required by Ameren Illinois
- Proactively identify issues and develop solutions to ensure attainment of Implementation Plan commitments
- Provide strategic guidance to improve business program design, including identification, analysis and selection of appropriate energy efficiency measures
- Monitor program results including energy savings and develop solutions to improve the program as needs are identified
- Collaborate with broader team (i.e. marketing, information technology) to implement and improve program offerings, increase accessibility, and heighten program awareness
- Contribute to strategic planning efforts related to development of the annual Implementation Plan and oversee the work associated with updating the business initiatives/channels of the plan
- Must be able to work within budgetary limits and establish a team vision related to achievement of program goals
- Drive participation in underserved areas as required by the Market Development Initiative
- Develop and analyze reports to determine trends and utilize the analysis to generate program participation and energy savings
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation throughout the business team
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with Ameren Illinois
Education, Skills, and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Environmental or Sustainability Sciences. Other relevant degree focus may be considered
- Eight plus years of experience with sustainability or energy efficiency programs with the demonstrated capacity to understand technical aspects of energy efficiency measures; Building or system design experience including relevant codes a plus
- Experience in managing subcontractors, including providing quality control and budget accountability
- Proven experience identifying, mitigating, and managing project risks and issues
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Outstanding analytical, writing, and communication skills; excellent interpersonal and management skills; strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Access and Outlook required; Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Possess a high degree of initiative and collaborative abilities
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.