Product Marketing Development Manager ( 605521-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In this highly-visible role, you will proactively identify opportunities to drive growth from our customer base by building and maintaining/preserving revenue through relevant pricing recommendations and targeted offers and communications. You will formulate ideas and carry them through execution and beyond to retrospective, post-promo analysis, and ensuring a positive customer experience. You will design targeting and segmentation strategies of the Verizon postpaid consumer base which will enable the business to deliver messages which are prioritized, personalized, and simultaneously beneficial to the customer and Verizon.
In this role you will execute strategies by leading peers from other functional work groups, including (but not limited to) Business Intelligence, Marketing Communications, Martech, Performance Management, Finance, Legal, IT, Market Leadership, and Product Marketing; Evolve these strategies to keep up with ever changing business and customer needs as well as improving effectiveness and efficiency; Drive bottom-up data driven recommendations as well as adapt to top down requirements from executive leadership.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for Verizon through analysis of: our own commercial value prop, market conditions and trends, existing KPI reports, executive leadership guidance, and ad hoc data warehouse research.
- Decipher performance across a variety of metrics (e.g., KPIs, Segmentation, Propensity) to uncover new opportunities for growth and revenue from the Verizon base.
- Use broad industry perspective to interpret competitive information, draw intelligent conclusions, provide assessments at the strategic and tactical level, formulate promo recommendations on proactive and/or reactive actions and take action to execute upon approved recommendations.
- Design comprehensive targeting strategies to maximize and optimize revenue.
- Build presentations to effectively communicate these strategies and the benefit to larger business objectives.
- Utilize experience and business knowledge to develop annual marketing promotional roadmaps as well as guide strategy and execution of key marketing programs.
- Develop end-to-end promotional campaigns including but not limited to ideation, financial business cases, execution strategy, customer journey mapping and post-promo analysis.
- Facilitate proposal alignment between Finance and Marketing through business case development.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop unique promo campaigns that will differentiate Verizon in the industry while driving growth.
- Manage projects from concept, through execution, and retrospective analysis.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You believe that solid data should be behind every important decision and are a numbers person with a strategic mindset, and a strong business and financial acumen. You bring both a business perspective and an understanding of the marketplace, and not just theory and numbers. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. You are able to create actionable programs based on what you learn from the data. You demonstrate creativity for campaign development, and a strong knowledge of the wireless marketplace.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Proven strengths in strategic and critical thinking.
- Experience working collaboratively with and presenting ideas and content to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience being proactive, working with minimal supervision, and independently managing concurrent projects to timely completion.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master’s degree, preferably an MBA.
- Experience in marketing and finance-related roles, such as market research, financial analysis, pricing, product marketing, or strategic planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly express complex ideas.
- Experience in the wireless or telecommunications industry.
- Strong research, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to see things not readily apparent to others and to find unique solutions to complex challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to "see the big picture."
- Proven strengths in strategic and critical thinking.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.