Manager, Global Product Development and Supply (GPS) Emerging Leaders Program
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Each day, our employees around the world work together for patients who count on us to accelerate science and deliver hope through our life changing medicines – it drives everything we do. We are looking for individuals that share a passion for patients as well as our BMS Behaviors; speed, passion, accountability, innovation, and inclusion to join BMS in our Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), a rotational leadership development program!
Start date for the program will be in June of 2023.
The Global Product Development & Supply (GPS) Organization at BMS is responsible for developing, manufacturing, and supplying medicines to our patients while driving productivity and robustness and accelerating growth through a culture of excellence. The GPS organization is comprised of: Product Development, Global Manufacturing Operations, Global Supply Chain, Global Quality, Strategy & Business Excellence, Global Engineering & Facilities, and Cell Therapy Development & Operations.
The ELP is a 2.5-3 year rotational leadership development program (LDP) comprised of 4 rotations approximately 8 months in length that span the breadth of GPS functions and geographic locations. Rotations will include technical leadership, supervisory roles, strategy development, supply chain optimizations, plant manufacturing experience, project management, and continuous improvement initiatives. The LDP will also provide opportunities for training in technical, managerial, and leadership skills, as well as coaching and mentoring from executives, alumni, and peers.
Upon completion of the program, associates can expect the experience, training, and mentorship required to contribute in a meaningful leadership role within the GPS organization. We are looking for high potential and ambitious individuals interested in long term careers BMS who are interested in making an impact within the product development and supply organization and most importantly, for our patients.
• MS or MBA (required) or PhD (preferred) with backgrounds in STEM, Healthcare, or Supply Chain with a 3.0+ Undergraduate & Graduate GPA
• A minimum of two-three years full-time work experience (any industry), not including internships or co-ops, in any of the following areas: Process Engineering, Process Improvement, Manufacturing Operations, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Supply Chain, Postdoctoral Research, Chemistry or Analytical Lab
• Ability and willingness to relocate within and outside the United States
o Must have flexibility and capability for relocation to any of the BMS Domestic GPS sites, with the possibility of a rotation at a BMS International GPS site.
• Candidate must demonstrate leadership skills, proficient communication/presentation skills, effective teamwork/Cross Functional Collaboration skills
• Technical skills with biopharma utility: problem solving and analytical capabilities with strong quantitative skills
• Successful candidates must exhibit a high degree of initiative to operate independently in a self-directed manner as part of, or as a lead on, team projects.
• Must possess superior interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization and work with a wide range of diverse teams of people
• Proficiency in a second language preferred
• US Citizen or permanent US resident
Work Experience & Development Opportunities:
• Broad on the job work experience in 4 areas within the Global Product Development & Supply organization
• Opportunity to work in a team environment and matrix organization to grow strong cross functional experience
• Opportunity to travel/relocate and work in different cultures
• Personal development training
• Accelerated career development opportunities
• Exposure to senior management highlighting achievements during leadership of projects during rotations
Location: Global locations – AZ, WA, NY, MA, NJ, PR, IE, CH
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.