Senior Retail Territory Business Manager
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.Position: Cardiovascular Senior Retail Territory Business Manager – Job Share (Senior Retail TBM)Location: Field – [Philadelphia West, PA]
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cardiovascular Retail Territory Business Manager located in [Philadelphia West, PA] - Job Share.
- Sales candidates must be able to understand and apply knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends, sales trends, market dynamics, competitors, applicable laws and regulations, and health care payer environment, and analyze each of these factors in the development of actionable business plans and in daily execution of sales calls, within compliance guidelines. Develop and implement territory plans that identify and prioritize activities and resources to accomplish short and long-term sales and business goals.
- An accountable self-starter who can develop deep customer insights, build and maintain strong professional relationships with physicians (primary care and specialists), pharmacists, nurses, office staff and other health care providers in the patient care continuum. Appropriately leverage resources and apply sound account management skills and perseverance to secure customer access and maximize selling time. Utilize deep understanding of disease states, BMS products, and as appropriate, relevant competitor products to tailor interactions with specific customers. Excellent communication skills- verbal and written- including the ability to present to groups.
- Collaborate across the Cardiovascular sales organization, CV Institutional Territory Business Manager, cross functional teams and where appropriate alliance partners. Work within matrix team to identify opportunities and develop appropriate tactics and strategies. Drive market share growth and maximize sales performance within the indicated use and approved patient types.
- Possess a high level of ethics and integrity. Adhere to all applicable laws, regulations, and BMS policies.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years sales experience required.
- Pharma/healthcare sales experience preferred and/or cardiovascular clinical experience is preferred.
- Experience as full time Institutional Cardiovascular sales representative, cardiovascular clinic experience or prior account management experience working with medical groups is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in medical profession is advantageous.
- A strong customer focus and analytical skills to identify and prioritize business opportunities is required.
- Proven track record in delivering results and developing innovative approaches in evolving markets.
- Previous new product or concept launch experience desired.
- Ability to learn, apply, and grow disease state knowledge is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and scientific product and disease information to a variety of customers in multiple settings.
- Technical aptitude to learn and apply new technologies to manage a territory is required.
- Ability to demonstrate ethics and integrity at all times
- Must reside within a 50-mile radius of the territory epicenter or within the territory geography
- As this position requires operation of a BMS-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by BMS in its sole discretion, including: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by BMS.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.