Business Intelligence Senior Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The newly formed BI Center of Excellence under Verizon Connect will play a pivotal role in helping drive business transformation by creating a single source of truth for business performance and diagnostics to enable faster and frictionless flow of information. We are seeking a talented and motivated leader to accelerate our efforts to drive trust of our data, democratize insights of that data, and ensure the adoption of a data culture at Verizon Connect.
As a leader of the business you will be responsible for creating enhanced reports/visualizations of complex analytics in support of strategic business efforts and will leverage reporting tools (SQL Server, AWS, Redshift, Tableau, SFDC, etc) to gain business insights. You will create reporting and analytics for key stake holders which will enable them to make quick evaluations of business initiatives.
- This position will interact directly with our Operations team to team up and assist with complex data requests across various groups (Sales, Product, Marketing, CS, PMO & Finance)
- Collaborate with business units across the enterprise to create a roadmap for the Data Analytics & Reporting teams supporting business needs in alignment with the strategic vision of the company.
- Regular, ongoing analysis of sales, products and services, KPIs as well as complex, strategic and analytical projects to evaluate and make recommendations around growth, revenue, and profitability initiatives and opportunities
- Inject AI to help predict customer life-cycle (from lead inception all the way to churn)
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the data in the reports and analysis.
- This position will have full accountability for their work and will be responsible for all projects from beginning to end.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple reporting sources to be used in combinations to derive at conclusions. Independent and dependent sources used to validate and/or refute hypotheses and statistical variances.
- Stay informed on the latest tools and technology in the BI space.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Data analysis experience.
- People Management Experience.
- Visual tool experience (Tableau, Qlik, ThoughSpot).
- Experience in database query languages, particularly various SQL dialects.
- Knowledge of VZC systems used by Sales, Product, CS, Marketing and Finance.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master's in Computer Science or Information Sciences
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and critical thinking
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and determine priorities.
- Experience with Python and R
- SFDC Experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.