Senior Manager, Business Analysis, Semantic Data Standards
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
BE-FAIR is the BMS enabled FAIR architecture and related services leveraged across business applications within the Research and Early Development at BMS. The key objective of the BE-FAIR digital capability includes collection, standardization, enrichment, governance, and distribution of core business data entities used across R&ED business processes.
The evolving BE-FAIR digital capability needs development and deployment of data pipelines along with APIs for distribution and consumption of FAIR enabled data.
As part of the Semantic Engineering Team you will work on integrating a blend of technologies (Top Quadrant Top Braid EDG, Explorer, Nuracor, GraphQL, SPARQL, etc.) to build and deliver the FAIR data products.
- Work in a dynamic and exciting agile environment with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and global team members to develop data integration solutions with our ETL pipeline that meet business and technical specifications
- Deep Understanding and Knowledge of biological processes in a Pharma (Research, Discovery, Pre-clinical and/or Translational) and their underlying data management needs
- Awareness of the various terminologies, vocabularies associated with Research and Early discovery
- Knowledge in Industry standards for classifying biological terminologies and their standards
- Knowledge in constructing/developing and managing taxonomies, ontologies, and reference lists for classifying information and data
- Knowledge of applying standards via programmatic queries and their evangelizing/adoption
- Engage and collaborate with solution architects, data architects, DevOps teams, and enterprise reference data management tool administrators needed as part of design, development, and delivery of backend solutions in a matrix environment
- Provide successful deployment and provisioning of data solutions to production and other required environments.
- Knowledge in development of workflows for managing and governance of taxonomies, ontologies, and reference data sets.
- Knowledge of Data governance and standards associated with managing reference datasets.
- Document technical data solutions and support runbooks using confluence spaces for maintenance and support purposes
- Develop test scripts to test backend solutions based on technical specifications/Data design documents and source to target mappings
- Lead/Direct and work with Offshore and/or Partners to develop taxonomies, testing and promote data products to production
- Work with business users to evangelize taxonomies and standards and how to consume such standards both in business applications and analytical uses
- 5 years of experience in developing any taxonomy, ontology, reference data management tools (Protégé, Top Quadrant, Pool party etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in GraphQL and SPARQL
- 10+ years of experience in supporting Research and Discovery space (Basic to moderate knowledge in Biology and Chemistry)
- Knowledge of AWS/Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with OWL2, RDF, SPARQL, and the ability to run queries against triple stores and/or knowledge graphs preferred.
- Experience with graph databases (neo4j, AnzoGraph, Amazon Neptune) is preferred
- Must be proactive and self-driven, demonstrated initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Strong leadership, communication, collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Self-driven; driver for chasing after projects through its complete execution
- Experience working internationally with a globally dispersed team
- Prior experience working with global life sciences R&D data is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or equivalent is preferred
- Computer degree is a plus
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.