Business Transformation Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is building a future using a combination of technologies such as 5G Mobility, 5G Home, Fios, and Multi-Access Edge Computing to create experiences on top of the networks that drive the world forward. Leveraging data science and advanced analytics allows us to go beyond and improve the delivery of these products and forge exceptional customer experiences. We have a unique ability to use this platform to develop next generation platforms, influence technology standards, forge durable business partnerships, and define the playing field for the next wave of technology innovation with applications such as IoT, connected cars, aerial drone solutions, augmented intelligence and more. Within these evolving ecosystems, Verizon is uniquely positioned to capture new growth and value opportunities.
You will be focused on guiding projects and process to deliver commercialization of Mobile Edge Compute.
- Leading concept, scope definition, and execution of strategic and operational business transformation initiatives, ranging from Corporate and Operational Strategy to Process Improvement.
- Providing proactive and engaged leadership on key projects designed to increase revenue, reduce expenses, enhance business efficiency, and improve customer experience.
- Acting as an effective change agent utilizing proper stakeholder analysis and change management techniques.
- Working with the VP MEC Commercialization and leaders in VBG business units, to provide effective leadership for the initiatives under analysis and execution.
- Providing leadership and functional unit management with updates on project status, key metrics, issues, and risks.
- Understanding and analyze various drivers impacting key metrics and outcomes and provide a fact-based recommendation to the stakeholders.
- Being a liaison between business units on projects that have a multi-organization or business unit scope.
- Facilitating team meetings and cross-functional workshops.
- Conducting analyses needed to prove or disprove the hypotheses driving project execution.
- Proactively anticipate and work towards mitigating risks to project execution or stakeholder engagement.
- Supporting others by providing real-time coaching on business transformation and process improvement methodologies and tools.
- Being fully engaged in communicating and outlining key deliverables and milestones as well as identifying the tasks that must be completed.
- Identifying and recommend improvements to streamline existing processes and procedures.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are outcomes-driven, smart, hard-working, and a great team player. You thrive on new challenges, and are excited by the prospect of mastering new things. You can be creative and visionary, but are able to roll up your sleeves to structure a project plan, develop an analytics tool, or craft a presentation. You are comfortable leading and following. You are confident enough to voice well-informed, dissenting opinions, yet always treat others and their views with respect.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using Microsoft suite and executive presentation development and storytelling.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Project/program management experience.
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Experience in presenting and creating slide decks/presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications to clearly and regularly communicate status, issues and risks to executive stakeholders.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint presentation and excel spreadsheet development.
- Experience in Google Suite, including Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms.
- Ability to participate at executive meetings and present to senior leaders.
- Experience in business problem definition, insight synthesis, and executive communication.
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Knowledge of working across all levels of an organization, leveraging organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and time-management skills.
- Project management and organizational skills to closely manage high volume projects in a timely and accurate manner with high attention to detail.
- Experience in maintaining a positive professional demeanour with team members and internal and external clients.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.