When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Process Improvement Manager will play a crucial role in driving process excellence at Verizon Connect by engaging employees to create and execute processes that scale effectively and efficiently. This trailblazer is charged with building partnerships with functional leaders to execute strategic projects aimed at increasing customer loyalty, reducing costs and accelerating results. As a trusted advisor and coach to the business, you will identify improvement opportunities and develop a plan to execute the improvements.
You will work with various business units and functional leaders at the highest levels of the organization to detail current processes, help define new processes and lead transformative projects aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the business while preparing the business for future. You will lead action-planning, project tracking and scheduling to ensure deadlines are met, and drive business transformation and analytics efforts across Verizon Connect.
- Obtaining and analyzing business data to inform senior leadership of critical gaps in the strategic operating model.
- Driving the implementation of cross-functional, strategic projects.
- Influencing peers and senior leaders to meet delivery achievements and short-term projects.
- Building and driving governance, procedures and repetitive processes that yield high value within the organization.
- Crafting business unit development and operations strategies by using data analytics.
- Interpreting and processing data to provide recommendations to enhance business outcomes.
- Working with various teams to capture and shape requirements for presentations to senior level leaders.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by your manager.
This role is available for candidates near any valid US Verizon Business Group and Verizon Connect office.
What we’re looking for...
We’re looking for a process trailblazer to help our newly integrated and unified company improve the way we work and deliver value. You have strong process improvement, data analytics, and coaching skills as well as a a track record of implementing effective process changes.
The Process Improvement Manager will play a crucial role in driving process excellence at Verizon Connect by engaging employees to create and execute processes that scale effectively and efficiently. You demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm and curiosity for helping us build and apply structured methodologies in ways that are tailored for our culture. A passion for finding the most effective ways to solve problems, improve experiences, and deliver results will be fundamental to fulfilling the responsibilities of this role; creativity and innovation are welcome. As a trusted advisor and coach to the business, you will identify improvement opportunities and develop a plan to execute the improvements.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Green Belt certification in Lean Six Sigma.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- MBA or Masters in Engineering or Statistics.
- Black Belt certification in Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience in driving and executing processes for strategic projects aimed to increase customer loyalty, reducing costs and/or accelerating results.
- Experience in team lead with facilitation, change management, and problem solving.
- Experience in handling confidential information appropriately.
- Experience in strategic thinking that results in new ideas that drive the business forward.
- Experience in working up and across the organization working with senior staff members and front line employees.
- Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures.
- Good presentation skills, including ability to create presentations using Google Sheets/MS. Experience in PowerPoint and presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Good descriptive and predictive analytics skills.
- Experience in working in a tier-1 management consulting organization.
- Experience in Miniating iGrafx.
- Experience in Prescriptive analytics.
- Experience in Design Thinking.
- Experience in managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.