Senior Manager - Software Development
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In the role of the Senior Manager, Software Development you will lead all aspects of application development across multiple customer-facing channels.
- Building a product roadmap of Conversational and Contact Center Platform capabilities and time to market of these capabilities based on proper staffing needs to deliver business value.
- Partnering with business and technology stakeholders to determine build vs. buy decisions that deliver human-like interactions through automated messaging and voice-enabled applications.
- Delivering Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS), and market-leading experiences in Conversational AI and IVR, CTI (Computer Telephony Integration), IVA (Interactive Voice Assistant- AI-enabled IVR) and IVR (Interactive Voice Recognition), Speech Analytics, Enterprise Voice communications using SIP, VoIP, WebRTC, Omni-channel interaction delivery and routing, and Contact Center capacity planning.
- Selecting and implement the most suitable third-party solutions (e.g., Amazon Lex, Google Dialogflow, Conversational AI Digital Assistant, Datastore/Database).
- Leading the development of Digital AI solutions using best-in-class products (e.g., Dialogflow CX, CCAI (Contact Center Artificial Intelligence) technologies).
- Implementing modern engineering principles and the latest trends in contact center technology, conversational design, and NLU/NLP solutions while building the omni channel solution.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Ability to demonstrate application development leadership experience in large, complex corporate environments, including omni-channel transactions and experience.
- Skill in solving complex problems creatively and the ability to express complex ideas in an articulate, concise manner.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Conversational Platforms, technologies, and industry trends (Cloud Contact Center capabilities preferred).
- Experience with strategic, multi-discipline/function customer engagement center oversight, with a successful track record of large-scale technology and operating model transformation.
- Experience as a leader and demonstrated success in maintaining high-performing teams in customer operations and technology space.
- The ability to solve complex telephony environment problems as well as the ability to instituting quality and continuous management principles into practice.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives and recommend solutions to complex telecommunication and customer service problems by utilizing key metrics and identifying trend.
- Ability to continually improve service while adapting to changing business needs.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the contact center technology teams.
- Strong vendor management and partner relationship skills with prior experience in ensuring the contract compliance and service delivery.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $129,000 and $239,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.