Senior Manager, Business Partnering, Pharmacometrics
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At BMS, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology. We are committed to being at the forefront of transforming the way medicine is made and delivered by harnessing the power of computer and data science, artificial intelligence, and other technologies to promote scientific discovery, faster decision making, and enhanced patient care.
If you want an exciting and rewarding career that is meaningful, consider joining our diverse team!
Desired Candidate Characteristics:
- Have a strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion for healthcare
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and commitment to deliver the best user experience and adoption
- Able to collaborate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and inquisitive nature to ask questions, offer bold ideas and challenge the status quo
- Agility to learn new tools and processes
As the IT Business Partner for Pharmacometrics, this person will have some domain knowledge, build strong partnership with SMEs and senior leadership, develop compelling business cases to advance the mission and help evolve the digital strategy working with area Digital Capability Manager, cross functional delivery teams and IT leadership. This role will own the following key activities.
- Develop a good grasp of the business process and data flows and be accountable for management of associated documentation and to ensure compliance needs are met.
- Manage user requests for IT related services and ensure timely resolution
- Manage product functionality, enhancement requests, requirements backlog and help prioritize the same for release management
- Work with the DCM and establish good working relationship with external vendors to articulate user needs, help understand business process, define acceptance criteria and set priorities on deliverables.
- Actively participate in business Community of Practice sessions, hold office hours to assist on user issues and manage user experience
- Work with DCM and other BMS teams to help develop solutions that meets the user needs, improve existing processes or develop new ones as required.
- Knowledge of validation process as it relates to GxP is a plus
Qualifications & Experience
- Requires advanced knowledge applicable to a wide range of work in computational modeling and simulation and general knowledge of R&ED functions, typically gained through a university degree in life sciences, pharmacology, data sciences, and 6-8 years of experience.
- May lead initiatives related to continuous improvement or ensuring IT technology solutions meets the user needs. Works independently on most deliverables.
- Responsible for a large sub-function working in a matrix team environment
- Demonstrates ability to build and leverage relationships through diplomacy with a broader focus within the Function.
- Articulates and presents complex information clearly and concisely across all levels. Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge, expertise and analytical skills thereby establishing a strong reputation for themselves and the team.
- Participates in decision making and brings a variety of strong views and perspective to achieve team objectives.
- Looks for challenging opportunities and focus on building strong capabilities. Encourages and coach others to do the same.
- Demonstrates a focus on improving processes, structures and knowledge within the team. Leads in analyzing current states, deliver strong recommendations in understanding complexity in the environment, and the ability to execute to bring complex solutions to completion.
- Recognizes the potential impact on internal/external challenges on the future state success. Conveys and takes immediate action to correct any variation in quality, ensures accuracy and completeness of others' work outputs.
- Demonstrates sophisticated analytical thought using various data sources and internal/external environment. Understands the broader implications of actions and perspective. Synthesizes results and links patterns and trends. Considers lessons learned and best practices in conveying to the team's understanding and knowledge.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.