Sr Manager, Business Process Optimization & Systems, Cell Therapy External Manufacturing
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
This role is responsible for driving business process improvement initiatives via cross-functional teams, with a strong focus on business process automation. A key objective of this role is to support establishment of data connections between BMS and Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs)/Contract Testing Labs (CTLs) focusing on operational transactions and process monitoring.
- Execute prioritized projects as part of the External Supply Technology Roadmap. Key focus areas will be, establishing system-driven operations, improve data tracking & reporting, and enablement of advanced data exchange with CMOs and CTLs.
- Work with the Supplier Relationship Managers and Virtual Matrix Teams to identify areas for improvement with a focus on business process scalability, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
- Lead business process improvement projects for External Manufacturing via cross-functional matrix teams. Facilitate alignment and decision making for ongoing projects with key stakeholders (e.g. Supply Chain, Quality, MS&T, Finance)
- Support development of a digital strategy for CMO and CTL network expansion and scale-up and facilitate business requirements gathering.
- Support network integration by establishing data interfaces between BMS and CMOs/CTLs, focusing on ERP (e.g. batches, POs), production scheduling, demand & capacity management, production process monitoring (critical parameter monitoring).
- Act as External Manufacturing business systems process SME and project member on cross-functional projects owned by other groups within Cell Therapy Operations.
- Act as business systems SME for process automation, and partner with IT to translate business requirements into user specifications.
- Increase process visibility & control by creating dashboards & exception reports using business analytical tools. Partner with BI&A and IT for advanced reporting capabilities.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and training (following regulations and industry standards)
- Support development and implementation of business process metrics to measure effectiveness & robustness of business processes
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, engineering, supply chain, or other relevant area. MBA is a plus.
- >5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with proven experience in business process automation. Data analytical experience in external manufacturing and/or supply chain is preferred.
- Strong process management foundation (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping), and demonstrated ability to mobilize these skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and easily works in cross-functional matrix teams. Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of ERP (e.g. Oracle, SAP), business analytical tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Excel VBA), and related IT systems, with the ability to translate business requirements into user specifications. Experience in automating manual business process.
- Understanding of business operations within a GxP / regulated environment.
BMSCART VETERAN #LI-hybri
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.