Senior Manager ServiceNow Application Development
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You will be leading the ServiceNow Platform Services team and responsible for the quality and timely delivery of agile ServiceNow projects. While overseeing the day-to-day development operations, you will think and act strategically. You will lead and ensure successful adoption of change and digital transformation initiatives. These initiatives include people, process and system aspects, as well as acquisitions and divestitures.
You will focus on supporting our stakeholders, and reviewing and implementing emerging technologies while designing systems that enforce security controls and progress us in our journey to unify our support processes and drive process improvements to help speed our digital end user transformation.
- Overseeing the development standards, processes, controls and systems, to ensure quality, performance and security is achieved in all application delivery.
- Ensuring timely delivery of all development projects.
- Ensuring all processes are completed in adherence with SOX controls and the adequacy of those controls as the business and processes change over time.
- Partnering with external vendors as needed.
- Building a strong engineering practice within Corporate Services Group, aligned to ServiceNow, Engineering, and Agile best practices.
- Participating in Product Design Partner programs and Partner Advisory Councils.
- Defining and measures Key Performance Indicators for the Software Delivery LifeCycle to identify areas for improvement.
- Supporting the business unit operational objectives by building key stakeholder relationships, providing quality solutions to the business.
- Identifying and drive process improvement opportunities and implements solutions utilizing current and emerging technologies.
- Planning and support platform upgrades.
- Promoting talent development of professionals.
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills, collaborating across various functions including identifying best practices and delivering successful cross functional initiatives.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in application configuration and the development of ServiceNow solutions.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Master's degree in Business.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in managing a large disperse global development organization.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Good team and organizational planning skills, sound judgment, high sense of urgency, attention to detail and strong time management skills.
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.