Senior Manager, Software Development
- Leading a strong team of system engineers, domain experts and testers aligned with multiple programs.
- Demonstrate strong delivery skills using Agile methodologies such as SaFE and experience working with cross-functional teams across various work groups.
- Leading calls with technical teams or presenting or updating to executives.
- Managing schedules, being accountable and delivering projects on time in a fast paced agile environment.
- Contributing technically and own architectural oversight of system/services.
- Building a high performing team that is engaged, cohesive, and responsive. Set clear objectives and challenge the team to aim for higher objectives.
- Build a culture focused on speed and agility, avoiding silos and focusing outward on the customer.
- Aligning technology to business strategy, and proactively driving a technical direction throughout the organization.
- Driving results within budget, time and quality.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelors' degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in an agile team using methodologies such as SaFE
- Experience in software development, systems engineering and IT methods and procedures.
- Experience in managing an onshore-offshore delivery model.
- Experience in leadership roles in either a people leader or individual contributor.
- Experience with enterprise application development, micro services, containers.
- Experience using DevOps tool set such as Jira, Jenkins, Confluence, Nunit, Junit, Selenium
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- A Master's degree.
- Experience leading a team of software engineers and architects and preferably data scientists and testers too.
- Experienced in hiring talent and building teams from scratch to start programs.
- Experience developing and supporting high availability systems and disaster recovery.
- Experience with developing using .Net, java, and other high level languages on both intel and Unix environments.
- Experienced communicating and presenting to executives.
- Experienced with vendor management.
- Experience leading systems delivery in the Telecom domain with knowledge of OSS and BSS.
- Experience with designing user interfaces for mobile and desktop applications that provide a responsive and simple experience to users.
- Experienced with AI and Machine Learning.
- Experienced with mobility applications.
- Experience with cloud computing, large databases.
- Experience with reporting systems and data analytics.
- Experience with web-based applications for both desktop and mobile applications, web services, and high-volume transactional systems.
- Experience with performance tuning of databases and applications.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense Skill Bridge Program.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.