Manager Business Intelligence
- Identifying business problems and developing analytic techniques to provide solutions to external teams.
- Driving multiple technical and data-related projects of varying scopes and complexities.
- Working with other business units within Verizon, vendors, and executives to represent and drive our organization's strategy.
- Using data visualization and other data-gathering methods to either provide internal strategic direction or guide decisions for other teams.
- Building reporting capabilities for detailed analysis.
- Analyzing historical operations data and market information to predict future outcomes, working at times with large and disparate data sets.
- Identifying areas for improvement, incorporating best-in-class and cutting-edge techniques, and designing new approaches and methodologies.
- Creating results visualizations for senior management that provide key business insights.
- Working in Tableau and with SQL.
What we're looking for...
You are good with numbers and you love to dig into data to find the story. Crafting reports and dashboards is a fun afternoon for you. You're able to translate numbers into compelling stories--and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience function and level to meet their needs. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. You enjoy aligning various work streams to ensure the same vision and goal is achieved.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Tableau software experience
- Experience with SQL
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Analytics/Business Intelligence, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or in a related field; ideally an MBA.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
- Experience working with business intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
- Program management experience.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentation creation.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Leadership and strategic planning experience.
- Data mining, preparation and modeling experience.
- Statistical analysis language experience.
- Data preparation tool experience.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.