Business Intelligence Manager
- Leading the monthly sales and funnel forecasting cycles, prepare analysis and narratives, drive gap closure initiatives, and present the results with actionable insights to senior leadership.
- Leading key KPI tracking for Funnel trends, Sales/Gross Adds trends, Digital Mix & other leading indicators for Fios & FWA (Fixed Wireless Access) businesses.
- Analyzing performance through qualitative and quantitative analysis in order to generate data-driven insights.
- Managing funnel performance by identifying opportunities/friction points and implementing initiatives to drive orders and improve conversion rate.
- Reviewing historical performance, identifying opportunities, delivering insights and assessing the impact of strategic initiatives. Interpreting data to detect trends and develop actionable conclusions.
- Contributing to executive presentations including building from scratch, adapting existing formats, clarifying requirements, and updating and providing feedback.
- Performing advanced analytics, modeling and data mining to develop insights on our business.
- Monitoring performance and reporting ongoing and ad hoc metrics in reports, presentations, and dashboards targeted to the situation and audience.
- Building strong, open and collaborative working relationships among leadership, peers, and support teams within and outside the organization.
What we're looking for...
You believe that proven data should be behind every important decision. You are a numbers person but you also have a strategic approach. You bring both business perspective and an understanding of the marketplace-and not just theory and numbers. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. People trust you based upon your thoughtful and detailed analyses.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in business decision support (finance/sales) in a large complex organization.
- Experience forecasting achievable performance results based on historical performance and planned initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills, number oriented, comfortable working with large sets of data.
- Excel advanced level (Pivot Tables, graphs, formulas), and Google Suite skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, ability to work effectively with various teams across all management levels, and assertiveness.
- Ability to dig into the details to understand business trends, and to summarize and communicate business issues effectively.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience building dynamic financial models to measure and report on the success of strategic initiatives and assess digital funnel performance
- Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to process information quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in sourcing data from EDW, Thoughtspot & Tableau/Qlik dashboards
- Experience with conveying a focused, direct narrative to a range of audiences using complex data from multiple sources and detailed analysis.
- Experience automating data sources within Google Workspace
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques and Python and/or R for forecasting/advanced analysis
- Pro-active initiative taker, team player, and positive "can do" mindset.
- Experience of Visualization tools.
- Experience with automation of processes and Business Intelligence tools.
- Intellectual curiosity and the confidence to question processes and propose and implement alternatives.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $107,000.00 and $217,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.