Platform Engineering Manager – Business Intelligence (2103868)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Who is Pearson VUE?
Each year millions of people around the world take an exam with Pearson VUE. Chances are you, or someone you know, has recently tested with us. Your neighbor the computer programmer, your dad’s nurse, your child’s teacher or your local real estate agent. All demonstrate their knowledge, skill and commitment when they test with Pearson VUE.
A business intelligence manager must possess problem-solving and analytical skills, along with a strong knowledge of current industry practices. They should understand and use new information for present and future problem-solving and decision-making. The ability to work with other managers and intelligence professionals is vital. Further, they must be able to convey information in a clear and effective manner.
- Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through systematic data engineering and research
- Evaluate and present information in a manner that will facilitate management's understanding of the results and impacts
- Managing relationships with key business partners of key dashboards across Marketing
- Lead a diverse global team who builds and maintains dashboards for major corporate initiatives
- Analyze, review, forecast, and trend complex data
- Develop, implement, enhance, maintain Business Intelligence reporting and dashboards qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or similar field
- 5+ years of experience utilizing SQL and/or data exploration tools
- 5+ years of experience performing data analytics
- 2+ years of management experience (project or people)
- 2+ years experience with BI tools
- Proficient user skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize deliverables
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Self-motivated professional
- Data engineering and/or data visualization acumen
- Effective interpersonal influence and collaboration skills with internal & external stakeholders
- Communication skills and experience working across many levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively gather requirements, probe for deeper understanding, and translate deep technical concepts to non-technical as well as technical senior stakeholders, marketing customers, and data scientists.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessments VUE
Req ID: 2103868