Development Manager ( R-00051047-OTHLOC-0663 )
Leidos is seeking a Development Manager, this role is contingent upon award for FFSS. Award date June/July 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in support of US Department of Veteran Affairs. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
- Analyze user’s requests, requirements documents, and use cases to develop and mature user interface concepts.
- Transform customer inputs and feedback into conceptual visualizations leveraging agile methodologies to develop and deliver iterative designs and enhance or streamline existing dashboard designs.
- Support the software development of prototypes to facilitate interactive demonstrations of the concepts for the customer
- Guide systems engineers in formulating requirements, advise on alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
- Develop user interface diagrams to illustrate and document the concepts and their changes.
- Incorporate new plans, designs, and systems, into ongoing operations.
- Act as a liaison between the User and the Enterprise Command Center Design, Event Management and Incident Management teams, providing support to make decisions on technical considerations and associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Assume responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Human Factors area of responsibility
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. Federal Government requirement
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must have experience developing work breakdown structures and program/project schedules and assigning tasks to other development team personnel.
- Must have experience in the tracking resources and expenditures and in ensuring program success.
- Experience in requirements analysis, human-computer interface design, testing and evaluation, and user-centered design processes
- Understanding and experience with human-centered design engineering
- Familiarity and experience with Splunk, Elastic or other monitoring tools that enable organization to search, analyze and visualize machine-generated data gathered from the websites, applications, performance monitoring tools etc.
- Healthcare background is highly desirable
- Experience with enterprise command and control operations is also highly desirable
- Familiarity with application, infrastructure and interface performance management also a plus