Business Development Manager (2104816)
Business Development Manager - ( 2104816 )
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the worlds most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The Business Development Manager is responsible for growing Pearson VUE’s business with both existing accounts and new accounts through effective relationship management and successful implementation of a mutually beneficial program.
The Business Development Manager is accountable for tracking the renewal of contracts in a timely manner to ensure high quality service and the satisfaction of clients and will also collaborate with Pearson VUE’s international offices to develop premier business development solutions.
Working closely with Pearson VUE’s existing and potential accounts as well as the functional personnel of other departments, the Business Development Manager performs a key role in maintaining and growing Pearson VUE’s business in test delivery service.
- Identify new business opportunities in the assigned business markets.
- Work with clients to develop and implement mutually beneficial programs to grow the overall size of the client’s testing program and Pearson VUE’s market share
- Be continuously aware of opportunities to grow Pearson VUE’s business and to protect Pearson VUE’s position within existing accounts
- Establish relationships with key decision makers at the CEO and other appropriate executive level positions
- Work closely with proposal and/or solution development and implementation teams pre and post contract award
- Assist prospects with the development or modification legislation that would benefit Pearson VUE
- Work closely with finance team to develop return on return investment proposals for the benefit of Pearson VUE
- Negotiate contract with new accounts
- Attend industry conferences or trade shows as assigned
Contract & Fulfillment Management
- Ensure that all services are invoiced in a timely manner per contract and scope agreements
- Be aware of all contract or statement of work scope changes and where appropriate negotiate additional compensation for the changes
- Plan, execute, and track existing contract renewal or extensions requirements in a timely fashion on terms that are favorable to Pearson VUE
- Communicate significant account news to all affected departments within Pearson VUE on a timely basis
- Track, document and communicate new client requirements to development and other functions that must be kept aware of emerging requirements to allow Pearson VUE to meet customer needs and to allow Pearson VUE to stay at the forefront of testing technology.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- 5 years experience in business development, account management, or a related area
- MBA and a minimum of three 3 years experience
- Licensure, certification and/or global computerized testing experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in computerized testing industries
- Knowledge of Pearson VUE technology and systems
- Excellent business writing and proposal writing skills
- Customer focus required
- Effective negotiation skills
- Relationship management skills a must
- Must be a good listener
- Persuasive and Influential communication skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasks skills
- Effective priority setting skills
- Ability to be creative and flexible
- Ability to deal with a level of stress
Primary Location : US-MN-Bloomington
Work Locations :
US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley5601 Green Valley DriveSuite 220
Job : Sales
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Apr 21, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2104816