Business Development Manager (Bloomington, MN) (2104765)
Business Development Manager (Bloomington, MN) - ( 2104765 )
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The Regulatory Market Business Development Manager is responsible for new business growth and overall relationship management for key clients as assigned.This role is also responsible for winning new business and expanding services with their assigned accounts. This includes renewing these partnerships for multi-year contract terms to maintain and grow Pearson VUE’s revenue. Working closely with Pearson VUE’s functional teams to support existing clients and new opportunities, the Business Development Manager performs a key leadership role in maintaining and growing Pearson VUE’s business in test development and delivery service.
- Identify new business opportunities in assigned markets.
- Work with clients to develop and implement mutually beneficial services to grow the overall size of the client’s testing program and Pearson VUE’s market share
- Be continuously aware of opportunities to grow Pearson VUE’s business and to protect Pearson VUE’s position within existing accounts
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers in various state government levels and other appropriate management level positions
- Work closely with proposal and solution development and implementation teams during pre- and post-contract award
- Work closely with finance team to develop return on investment proposals for the benefit of Pearson VUE
- Work closely with industry consultants; government relations professionals and business partners in growing and protecting business core in the state government market sector
- Negotiate contracts with new accounts
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows as assigned
Contract & Fulfillment Management
- Be aware of and manage all contract or statement of work scope changes and, where appropriate, negotiate additional compensation for the changes
- Plan, execute, and track existing contract renewal or extensions requirements in a timely fashion on terms that are favorable to Pearson VUE
- Communicate significant account news to all affected departments within Pearson VUE on a timely basis
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- 5 years experience in business development, account management, program management, or a related area, or and MBA and a minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Licensure, certification and/or global computerized testing experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of state government licensing requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Knowledge of Pearson VUE technology and systems
- Excellent business writing and proposal writing skills
- Customer focus required
- Effective negotiation skills
- Relationship management skills a must
- Must be a good listener
- Persuasive and Influential communication skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Effective priority setting skills
- Sound knowledge of operational business process flows
- Ability to establish strong sales and marketing win strategies
- Ability to be creative and flexible
- Ability to deal with a level of stress
This position will travel about 25-40% of time.
Position is preferred to be in the Bloomington, MN office.
Primary Location : US-MN-Bloomington
Work Locations :
US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley5601 Green Valley DriveSuite 220
Job : Sales
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting : Apr 6, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2104765