Sr Proposal Manager - Security Detection and Automation business ( R-00054829-OTHLOC-PL-2D3385 )
Leidos has an immediate opening for a Sr Proposal Manager to support our Security Detection and Automation business.
The Sr. Proposal Manager is responsible for the development of compliant, customized, on-time proposal submissions supporting Key Account Managers for the Leidos Security Detection & Automation Organization.
In close partnership with Sales Leads, the Sr. Proposal Manager drives the response team to ensure the final proposal clearly conveys the vision and supporting discriminators, differentiators and win themes. The Sr. Proposal Manager oversees the proposal development process, manages all proposal contributors, and is the single point of authority for compliance with the solicitation.
- Lead proposal development in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment for competitive proposals in support of the Security Detection Systems Sales Team.
- Develop proposal and quote responses in conjunction with various functional departments (Sales, Program Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Contracts, Operations and Engineering).
- Anticipate and communicate potential risk as appropriate on specific business- and/or process-related issues relating to proposals.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather and obtain the necessary information to clearly articulate a winning strategy and compelling solution.
- Ensure compliance with all proposal processes for all participants in the proposal process.
- Coach and provide guidance to internal team members.
- Ability to successfully and comfortably interface with different functional groups, such as Sales, Program Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Contracts, Operations and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Aviation, Business Administration, or related discipline and 8+ years of related experience
- APMP certification is a plus
- Experience with management responsibilities in short- and long-term business strategies.
- Knowledge of complex sales practices and proposal processes
- Problem solving skills and ability to navigate a matrix organization
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines