Associate Business Development Manager, Chubb Small Business and Commercial Insurance (336737)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The position will be based in Seattle, WA, preferably in close proximity to a Chubb Regional Office. The role will report to the Regional Vice President, Small Business.
- Responsible for the execution of small business and commercial insurance strategies across defined agent and broker territory.
- Consistently delivers superior results on a month, quarterly, and annual basis
- Manages and maintains focus on achieving metrics across KPI's, including quotes, issued policies, line and industry mix, and profit.
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of local marketplace, Chub capabilities within that market place, and corporate vision.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes tactical sales plans designed to achieve annual objectives. These objectives include the capture of market share, new agency appointments, and revenue growth.
- Work closely with Chubb Small Business and commercial insurance underwriting staff as well local branch leadership
- Maintains and shares feedback surrounding market conditions specific to the small business and commercial insurance.
- Executes Chubb agency management strategies, developing and managing local key strategic relationships.
- Identifies new customers through effective pipelining, pre-qualification, and territory analysis/management.
- 5+ years proven sales experience in a high performing culture and organization. Current business development experience in small business preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual production goals.
- 4 year college degree preferred; professional designations such as CIC and CPCU
- Negotiation, Relationship Building, & Influence skills
- Basic understanding of small commercial underwriting strategies.
- Microsoft products (excel, word, outlook, OneNote, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial and Creative approach to challenges and opportunities.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.