Program Manager for Navy Business and Financial - PEO SUB (27589)
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jump-start your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street with over 100 years of operating experience? Come join the team that’s helping maintain America’s submarines! Amentum wants a senior-level Financial Analyst with Passion, Purpose, Excellence and demonstrated skills in Budget and Financial Analysis to support a Navy submarine program office. The position will be located at the Washington Navy Yard.
You will be working with a specialized technical group within a PEO SUB acquisition Program Office to provide planning, analysis and support to the program's diverse testing functions through budgeting and financial management support to the group.
- Position requires senior-level interface with program management, business and financial management, acquisition, and engineering personnel in the Program Office and at Navy field activities and contractors as well as financial analysts in the Naval Sea Systems Command Comptroller’s office.
- Budget planning through defining budget year and Future Years Defense Plan requirements as input to Program Office's Program Objective Memorandum submission.
- Annual task planning, including preparation of Individual Task Management Plans and Individual Task Planning Sheets as related to government and contractor activities, and development of the fiscal year spend plan. Support requires utilization of Navy financial tracking systems, including the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Navy Enterprise Planning System (NEPS) tools and maintenance of program-unique financial databases and documents where a good level of skill with Microsoft Excel would be needed.
- Assisting in the preparation, review, analysis and maintenance of financial documents for RDT&E, N, OPN, SCN and O&MN appropriations such as providing financial input to Contracting Officer’s Representative spreadsheets, Procurement Requests (PRs), and briefings.
- Interfacing with Navy activities and other performers on a regular basis regarding testing and program management tasking; monitoring performance and advising customers on performance status/issues related to products/services being delivered.
- Monitoring execution by appropriation and performer and preparing analyses and reports to financial and program managers.
- Developing spreadsheets and routine program financial analyses; maintain routine financial databases and generate reports and documentation as directed.
- Participating in senior-level program management reviews and financial administration meetings.
- Performing other financial management and program management tasks as directed by the customer.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 11+ years’ financial management experience with DOD acquisition / In-Service Programs.
- 11+ years’ financial management experience with Navy Programs.
- Experience preparing funding documents and queries in the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool
- US Citizen
- Active SECRET security clearance.
- Military service and submarine experience a plus. Willingness to go beyond financial aspects of funds execution to grasp technical aspects of tasking being funded.