Are you a leader and strategic thinker with extensive first-hand knowledge across multiple areas of taxation? Do you excel at delivering compliance and consulting services to individual clients and their trusts, estates, investment vehicles, charitable pursuits, and closely-held business concerns, while providing solutions to complex tax issues? Do you not only know what AGI & DNI are but actually get excited about them?
If you answered "Yes!" to these questions, we need to talk about a career with Deloitte's growing Private Wealth practice!
What you'll do
As a Tax Manager in our Private Wealth Tax practice, you will perform high-level reviews of tax research of individual, fiduciary, partnership, closely-held corporations, estate, and gift work papers and tax returns, as well prepare and lead client meetings on compliance and consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities and the tax implications of transactions to the client. Additionally, you will train, mentor, and supervise new and experienced Tax Consultants and Tax Seniors; you will begin taking on lead client-contact roles, and billing and profitability analysis, on engagements; and you will begin to be involved in marketplace eminence building and pursuits.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Private Wealth team focuses on the specialized needs of the ultra-affluent, including families with multigenerational wealth, entrepreneurs, and closely-held business owners. We provide comprehensive, independent, and objective wealth planning advice, and help clients make more informed, strategic decisions relevant to their personal financial comfort, business and investment needs, family legacy, and charitable giving during their lifetime and through estate planning. Learn more about Deloitte Private Wealth Tax Services.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
• 5+ years' experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
• 3+ years' experience with investment management or partnership taxation
• Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• One of the following accreditations obtained: Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office, Licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Previous Big 4 experience
• Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
• Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $72,900 to $145,000. You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.