CTS PMO Manager Learning and Development (28551)
- Partner with Development CoE Leaders/CTS Leaders to establish project plans, related resources, and approach for national learning projects.
- Serve as a credible and trusted advisor on effective and leading-edge project management strategies to achieve business goals.
- Manage day-to-day project execution leading to timely delivery, quality and compliance with the project's scope. Execute the full project lifecycle with strong project management skills. This includes creating and monitoring work-plans, managing against milestones, knowing what to prioritize and why, knowing who to keep informed, why, and how often, along with defining scope, goals and deliverables
- Develop key messages and communicate around project updates to leader(s) and manage escalations/exceptions, as needed.
- Lead initiatives to develop and improve project management processes, tools and technology in support of learning.
- Demonstrate initiative in gathering feedback and data from stakeholders, collaborating with subject matter experts and performance consultants
- Serve as a liaison with USI and with the Development CoE to support the overall project strategy
- Act as a change agent for the CTS US Development team in supporting change for the Development organization.
The mission of Core Talent Services (CTS) improves efficiencies and operational excellence, delivers strategic and transactional services, institutionalizes operations efficiencies and quality and enhances ability to scale and reduce cost structure. CTS focuses on delivery of both strategic and transactional services, either directly for the businesses or in support of the Business Advisors and Centers of Excellence (CoEs).
- Bachelor's Degree; Minimum 8 years of related experience.
- Significant strategic project management experience with successfully planning, managing and delivering multiple, concurrent, and complex work streams in a matrixed organization with aggressive timelines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization with a high capacity for influence, collaboration, and consensus.
- Consultative approach toward clients with demonstrated capability to manage client expectations
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present data-driven insights and trends. Ability to research, analyze, design, develop, or customize based upon varying inputs.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Specifically, Excel (aggregating data, creating pivots and vlookups) and PowerPoint
- Strong leadership and strategic-thinking skills with an ability to collaborate with team members on best practices.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking virtual environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.